Never Been More Proud to be British

1 hour ago, compo said:

Give it time and I would lay odds other nations will want to follow the UK's lead .

I'd like to think they might but the EU will now move to nail them down on "contract extensions". Having lost one when they assumed it was impossible, they'll try to make sure it can't happen again. I think it can.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Give it time and I would lay odds other nations will want to follow the UK's lead .

Italy is the one to watch. They now have a puppet EU Gov that wasn't voted in. The entire Italian banking system is teetering on the edge, many banks already having had bailout funds from the Govt . Salvini's Lega are now the biggest party and may win an election outright without any need for a coalition - or maybe may just need the Bothers of Italy's 5% to be sure. He will set his own budget to stimulate the moribound Italian economy and the EU will do everything they can to stop him. Watch this space!

3 hours ago, craig said:

Its a little different when those like Farage were sitting in official positions in the Parliament.

That said, I found his speech amusing more than anything.

Liberal MEPs wore the tee shirts in the EU parliament a number of times so not sure how this is any different? 

Italy is certainly interesting at the moment.  Populists vs sardines.

The EU will have learnt lessons from Brexit and will do what they can to ensure other states don't take the same route.  

6 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

“Proud to be British”. How many times have you heard that, maybe said it yourself? 

Mmm...let me think? How's about never

I and you have always been British! you just deny it.

5 hours ago, stewarty said:

I have no issue with anyone expressing their Britishness, but the spectacle in the parliament was unedifying and embarrassing.   As for the bollox to Brexit t-shirts, so what?  They're entitle to their view too. 

Scarves with the EU flag on one side and the Union Flag were allowed with problems or comment yet a six inch Union Flag was unacceptable? The reason for Brexit in microcosm, "Britain know your place!" 9_9

"Mussolini" will be taking Italy out of the EU then invading Ethiopia. The major aim of the EU is to maintain peace and unity in Europe, if it fragments then we will all suffer. I don't understand this offence at Jonnie Foreigner telling us what to do, that's not my impression of the EU.

Plus I'll have to pay 7 Euros for a Visa next year to go on my Spanish holiday 😖

I'll happily pay a bit more to travel and wait a wee while longer in airport queues for our sovereignty. 

I would question anyone's priorities who doesn't agree and put it down to selfishness.

I've travelled to two non-EU European countries in the past 18 months and experienced no issues whilst doing so.

9 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I and you have always been British! you just deny it.

Being classified as British due to conditions out with my control doesn't mean I'm proud to be British. Have never thought of myself as British. Have never called myself British. And never will

Anyway, enjoy listening to Big Ben bong or whatever else is happening ✌