Never Been More Proud to be British

45 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I was involved in an online discussion elsewhere regarding Brexit, earlier today and an American basically called me a Nazi because I admitted I voted Leave (I mentioned Rousseau's essays on sovereignty and my disdain for bureaucracy, whilst doing so).

I suspect Trump and the Tories will continue to win elections, if that's the standard of debate from the more 'progressive' side.

I suspect you are right on Trump, the Tories and other EU sceptics across Europe and the reaction you got is so predictable. 

Though i do have an issue with the term "progressive" as they are neither progressive or intellectually superior - although they like us to believe it is so. They are in fact the Establishment and we saw them in their true outraged colours during the Brexit debate.  How dare people vote against the EU, they must be fascists, populist fools.  

The Establishment of all political colours, media folk, creatives and a chunk of the Liberal left (including the Democrats in the US for their reaction to losing the election)- they are morally bankrupt and hardly progressive. I would argue that it is those that voted for Brexit, plus those that quickly accepted the result who are the true progressives?

4 hours ago, Bill said:

The pity is, he’s not alone. 

What a narrow view you have. You don't seem able to accept that Rangers supporters would vote for Scottish independence and staying in Europe, not necessarily both. You suggest those of that opinion are not true Rangers supporters. I beg to differ.

8 minutes ago, les186 said:

What a narrow view you have. You don't seem able to accept that Rangers supporters would vote for Scottish independence and staying in Europe, not necessarily both. You suggest those of that opinion are not true Rangers supporters. I beg to differ.

You can beg all you like but I've never said a person cannot be a Rangers fan and a nationalist. Not once. Nor have I used the ridiculous idea of a "true Rangers supporter, whatever that is. What I have said on many occasions is that these are clearly such polarised concepts that you cannot be both without compromising one or the other or both. Of course, you can pretend to be all things to all men if that's what you think looks good. You can pretend to be both white and black but the fact is you'll just end up looking grey. Maybe you should go begging to someone else, I'm all out of handouts for this week.

It'd be nice if there was somewhere we could go to avoid ScotNats.  Each and every single one of them is a nitwit, who wants to break up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  Thankfully they keep their lapel badges and constitutional opinions to themselves within the confines of Ibrox Stadium but according to a phony Bear on the AUOB march, they make up 50% of our support*. 

The only highlight watching today's game was the rendition of Build My Gallows near the end.

*stop laughing.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

You can beg all you like but I've never said a person cannot be a Rangers fan and a nationalist. Not once. Nor have I used the ridiculous idea of a "true Rangers supporter, whatever that is. What I have said on many occasions is that these are clearly such polarised concepts that you cannot be both without compromising one or the other or both. Of course, you can pretend to be all things to all men if that's what you think looks good. You can pretend to be both white and black but the fact is you'll just end up looking grey. Maybe you should go begging to someone else, I'm all out of handouts for this week.

Dearie me. You don't apparently read your own posts. You seem to be a cross between  a Trump supporter and a Boris Johnston sycophant. 

3 minutes ago, les186 said:

Dearie me. You don't apparently read your own posts. You seem to be a cross between  a Trump supporter and a Boris Johnston sycophant. 

God this is dreary. Can't we have some sort of minimum IQ entrance requirement and get rid of this level of debate.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

God this is dreary. Can't we have some sort of minimum IQ entrance requirement and get rid of this level of debate.

Sorry Bill, I bow down to your superior intelligence and obviously right on views ?.

1 hour ago, les186 said:

A few might well do but they are out of step with the vast majority and are just the patsies of the Nats.  

3 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

A few might well do but they are out of step with the vast majority and are just the patsies of the Nats.  

I think it might be more than a few particularly those who thought they should stay in the EU.

8 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Out of step? Are we required to present political preferences prior to buying match tickets now? What the hell is going on here?

FFS. If Carlsberg did hilarious comedy threads...