Rangers 2 - 1 Hibernian (Edmundson 45; Hagi 83)

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Possible team (4-3-2-1):

McGregor

Tavernier | Goldson | Edmundson | Barisic

Aribo | Davis | Arfield

Hagi | Morelos | Kent

I would like to see that team but Gerrard is so reluctant to make changes I'm not sure it will happen. I'd like to see Stewart starting to get game time too ahead of Ojo.

Its unfortunate that its taken some poor performances to spark a little experimentation by the management team.  We are now in the midst of a bad run and desperately seeking that missing spark, whilst having no (or next to no) previous game time using different formations, and with many of the fringe players in the squad lacking competitive minutes.  All of which means that when we lose some of our key players, we lose momentum and look vulnerable to the physicality and time-wasting tactics seen notably in our last two fixtures.

Some lessons there for Gerrard to reflect on.  He's shown that his management group are reflective and learn from their experiences.   Lets hope they address this slump quickly.

For me the way to do that is to transcend some of the issues we have from a player/technical standpoint by engendering a siege mentality in the dressing room.  No-one likes us, we don't care.  The refs are against us, the press wont do us any favours, and forget expecting fairness from the SFA/SPFL.    Put newspaper clippings up in the dressing room.  Make sure all the players know exactly what all the no-marks in the game are saying about us/them.  

Then its time for the sleeves to be rolled up and for some blood and thunder, high energy tilts from the first whistle.  Put games to bed, then make full use of subs as early as possible to protect our best players and challenge the squad to give the manager selection headaches.

27 minutes ago, stewarty said:

its a rule that governs all loans these days.  Neither will play.

What is interesting is that other countries are reversing that rule.  Spain, for instance, unless it is already in a contract, allow players to play against their parent club.  Carlos Alena, who is on loan at Betis from Barcelona, is likely to play this weekend against Barca.

Personally, I agree with it - if the player isn't good enough to make your own team, hence sending him out on loan, why prevent him from playing against you ?

Aribo, Davis, Kent and Arfield need to start showing some form again or we'll continue to drop points.

Kamara should be dropped from the squad after his recent dismal performances.

Edited by Gonzo79

3 hours ago, craig said:

What is interesting is that other countries are reversing that rule.  Spain, for instance, unless it is already in a contract, allow players to play against their parent club.  Carlos Alena, who is on loan at Betis from Barcelona, is likely to play this weekend against Barca.

Personally, I agree with it - if the player isn't good enough to make your own team, hence sending him out on loan, why prevent him from playing against you ?

Maybe experience has shown that some players play better with an 'I'll show you' chip on their shoulder.