Jump to content

 

 

One singer one song


Recommended Posts

On a good night to be a rangers fan we even got to eventually see the channel four report on historic sex abuse the next days' papers  carry reports of our fans making a fool of themselves by singing the naughty songs with reference to the pope when will they ever learn probably the night we play a game with no fans 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty vessels.

 

A(nother) charge of "Dicriminatory Chanting" will, no doubt, emerge.

 

This will result in a penalty, doubtless heavier than the last, possibly closure or partial closure of the ground , presumably for the next home European tie.

For a potentially major game, there will be a reduced gate, and a greatly reduced atmosphere. I do not think that a price worth paying for the shouting of a few old, outdated, calumnies about the Bishop of Rome. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, compo said:

On a good night to be a rangers fan we even got to eventually see the channel four report on historic sex abuse the next days' papers  carry reports of our fans making a fool of themselves by singing the naughty songs with reference to the pope when will they ever learn probably the night we play a game with no fans 

 

On a similar thread, there's a few songs doing the rounds mentioning the UVF. Why aren't we changing the words to Rangers orientated lyrics?

 

This is a real blind spot for us and there's a stubbornness/ignorance that's being easily used against us, time and again . 

 

 

Edited by Rick Roberts
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with all of the foregoing posts it's time our moronic ancient chanting/singing fans were brought to task.

Although supporting our team from the early sixties I did at one stage refrain from going many years ago when the hate songs were at there worst.

The singing section  think they are above the Rangers rules on singing,although it has abated at Ibrox,but seems to continue away from there.

 

As the songs are not appropriate and never have been for goodness sake to the youngsters you obviously follow older persons on the words so to both younger and older fans BLOODY STOP IT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

 

On a similar thread, there's a few songs doing the rounds mentioning the UVF. Why aren't we changing the words to Rangers orientated lyrics?

 

This is a real blind spot for us and there's a stubbornness/ignorance that's being easily used against us, time and again . 

As far as I'm aware, there was only one song sung that mentioned the UVF, and it's about the members of militia formed in 1912 enlisted with the British Army's 36th (Ulster) Division for WW1.

 

I don't see that being a major issue, and was not one of the 2 problematic songs sung yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

As far as I'm aware, there was only one song sung that mentioned the UVF, and it's about the members of militia formed in 1912 enlisted with the British Army's 36th (Ulster) Division for WW1.

 

I don't see that being a major issue, and was not one of the 2 problematic songs sung yesterday.

It's not problematic, and it's not FTP chants or TBB. But it does hand away high ground over their IRA stuff. 

 

I guess what i'm getting at is a mindset - a push to see all songs given a Rangers verse and that be the one driven from the singing section.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

It's not problematic, and it's not FTP chants or TBB. But it does hand away high ground over their IRA stuff. 

 

I guess what i'm getting at is a mindset - a push to see all songs given a Rangers verse and that be the one driven from the singing section.

While I understand the sentiment, I'm not sure that I want to lose Derry's Walls, and there's no chance that there can be a Rangers verse added.

 

I do share your thoughts over the high ground, and I'm not keen on the revised version of "Three Cheers For". There is a fine line and "We're coming down the road" is on the right side of it.

 

The mindset has to be something for the future. The top priority has to be getting rid of the use of the F and P words. 

 

I'm astounded and dismayed that the warnings aren't getting through. There's a rumour that we are again not going to accept tickets for the next away leg, which is understandable. I'm not sure what else the club can do, other than remove those who attended last night from the travel club, which also has some issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

High ground? Wouldn't matter a jot what we sing, there's not a hope of rangers getting any moral standing in this bitter wee land. We have lost the establishment, there is no morality in north Britain, only grievance, spite and state propaganda. We are swimming in filth , and some folk are getting hot under the collar about a song that mentions a WW1 volunteer regiment? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, compo said:

On a good night to be a rangers fan we even got to eventually see the channel four report on historic sex abuse the next days' papers  carry reports of our fans making a fool of themselves by singing the naughty songs with reference to the pope when will they ever learn probably the night we play a game with no fans 

Just a quick point on this. The Braga shop was selling tickets to the Rangers area on the day of the game for €60!  How are the club supposed to mitigate for that? Anyone could have got hold of them and the club could do nothing about it. Therefore, there is no way round this. The club will get shafted when there is nothing they can do to stop a few idiots in accessing the ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Frankie changed the title to One singer one song

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.