SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

42 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I know how you feel but giving up the Rangers gives victory to celtic and their archdemon. Some might argue celtic need Rangers in the league but they don’t. Their aim is perpetual representation in Europe and without Rangers, they’ll get it.

From a PLC perspective, Celtic very definately do need Rangers.

30 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I know how you feel but giving up the Rangers gives victory to celtic and their archdemon. Some might argue celtic need Rangers in the league but they don’t. Their aim is perpetual representation in Europe and without Rangers, they’ll get it.

I'd love to see us seriously consider applying to join the EFL or even threaten as it is so obvious now that rules are being made on the hoof and we without many friends and certainly influence. Let Celtic win an even weaker league each year without us - or they can fuck off and play in Ireland. 

I think it's time someone did a study on the impact of Blue Pound leaving the league (has this been done already?) 

Apologies but the events of the last week have just highlighted how wrong things are. 

Just now, blueflag said:

Would fans accept it?

Ours would.  Fans of clubs throughout English football probably wouldn't. 

Either way, that's another fantasy that simply won't happen.

6 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I'd love to see us seriously consider applying to join the EFL or even threaten as it is so obvious now that rules are being made on the hoof and we without many friends and certainly influence. Let Celtic win an even weaker league each year without us - or they can fuck off and play in Ireland. 

I think it's time someone did a study on the impact of Blue Pound leaving the league (has this been done already?) 

Apologies but the events of the last week have just highlighted how wrong things are. 

I know it's a pipe-dream, but it would actually solve the SPFL's relegation conundrum if we departed and took up Bury's place in League 1 (1 promotion, no relegation in all divisions.)

In reality my guess is that we'll get a shoddy compromise of 14-10-10-10 for one season with 3 down, 1 up at the end to restore the wonderful satus quo. The dhims will of course selfelssly lend their support for the good of Scottish football and be proclaimed heroes (when in actual fact what they'll really be doing is cheaply paying off the whelps who have signed over a league title). I expect we'll oppose it and be lambasted for doing so.

There are a lot of people making proposals they must know can never be implemented, presumably because it feels good to do so. Given the silence and lack of leadership from Ibrox, I think we need to forget about the last week or so, until such time as a genuine opportunity to influence the SPLF/Celtic situation arises. To repeat myself, boycotting away games is the only effective option currently within our control - and there is absolutely no basis to believe that will ever happen.

At the moment I think this particular episode is over in any practical sense.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ours would.  Fans of clubs throughout English football probably wouldn't. 

Either way, that's another fantasy that simply won't happen.

I'm not so sure if the fans of EFL clubs would mind. Some of the clubs themselves might, but it would all come down to £.

I don't think it will happen and i'm sure some of our fans would be against it, but I know there is a lot of respect for Rangers south of the border (maybe not in Liverpool ;) ) but elsewhere. 

The season is officially over and breaking news reveals ra Sellik are allowing four referees and nine linesmen to leave the club.

Further, Neil Doncaster's whereabouts has also been solved, currently bunkered down with Derek MacKay MSP.

I read earlier this week that Doncaster's salary is £360,000, is this true?