SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

The SPFL has a serious problem now, but only if the clubs support cleaning it up.  They have a problem because it appears that they have deliberately misled/deceived their members.  No matter how they dress it up, clubs could have been given money without drawing the league to a close.  They are claiming that these were not advances and they were not loans.  I've been involved in banking for almost 30 years and I don't even know what else to call these previous payments to clubs.  Answers on a postcard.

Their claim about due diligence being required before loans is just nonsense.  You don't have to conduct due diligence if the most you can lose is what they would be paid anyway.  In other words, the could have been given an advance ... oh wait a minute it wasn't an advance was it?!?!

What the member clubs must decide is if this was deliberately misleading or just a mistake.  If it's deliberate, it leads to the question, why?  If it's a mistake, this is too large an error at such a critical time to go without being severely punished, and that means heads roll.  Either way, for this alone the CEO, Chairman, and advisers have to go.  In any other business in the world this would be the only conclusion.  I won't hold my breath though.

There's no way out. If it was initially just a mistake then the subsequent denials and cover up must be deliberate.

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Roger Mitchell looks like Robin Williams and Nicola Sturgeon's deformed love child. 

You're an observant bugger because that's quite brilliant ?

However I am still concerned by the apparent lack of cost savings at the club.

Edited by Bill

Apparently, Rangers' portfolio demonstrating SPFL malfeasance and maladministration was delivered to Clubs at 10:00hrs. 

Let's hope that today is, finally, the day that The Teddy Bears have their picnic.