SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

6 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I'm becoming less bothered about this season now. If the decision is taken to end the season now and award Celtic the title and relegate Hearts then so be it. We've only ourselves to blame for being 13 points behind them after all. I still think the season should simply be scrapped, no one is promoted or relegated, no one is Champions, use the current places to award European places (if that resumes in time) and whatever prize money is being awarded. I'd be open to having a 2019/20/21 season, simply keep playing come September or whenever it all starts again (I can't see things returning to normal before then, but what do I know about anything) and have a 60 game season finishing in April 2021. I mean in the end it doesn't really matter, what we want are meaningful matches to return, so if it's one long but truncated season, or one shorter season I'm relaxed, just bring it back as soon as possible. 

If you scrap the season then you should award the European places from the previous season and keep all prize money.

I wonder when the tv companies(SKY, BT etc) will come calling looking for recompense for live games not played.

Couldnt games be played behind closed doors ? All players,coaches, officials etc would be screened beforehand.

TV companies (SKY, BT etc) will soon start to lose money when people start cancelling subscriptions. Can’t see them putting up with this for too long.

There is a global situation where a lot of people will die and businesses, including football clubs, will go to the wall and folk are seriously bothered about Sky and BT?

I'm genuinely baffled by that.

Sorry guys it is a critical time but as far as I'm concerned peoples health,and that includes players/officials etc. as well as fans is paramount.

Regards possible resumption of games it should be possible to extend the league(it would be nice to have some summer football) and scrap the ludicrous "transfer window" situation.

If necessary the next campaign could start later in the year and lead on to a summer finish next year.

Regards transfers/new contracts etc. these can be re-negotiable IMO.

If it were not football sense would prevail.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

There is a global situation where a lot of people will die and businesses, including football clubs, will go to the wall and folk are seriously bothered about Sky and BT?

True as this may be, people also don`t want to go into seclusion and sit it out, not thinking about anything else. This is just a distraction from the "real" life.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Football is a commercial business. It relies on sponsors & investors. The days are long gone when it survived on supporters paying at the gate or ST’s. TV money is where football gets the bulk of its income

SKY/TV are not charities. do you think SKY/BT will continue to pay for matches which have been postponed?

My view is that football will need to consider seriously playing televised games in empty stadiums.