SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Obviously I want that to be the case as far as our league is concerned.  I just want to be given licence to be a little hypocritical because I'd like our win bonuses and coefficient points to stand from the Europa this season.  I'm trying to convince myself that there's a logical difference between the two, so we can justify this.  The only reason I can come up with is that we are the people and they are just filthy soap dodging criminals.

There IS a logical reason.  Those co-efficient points are earned as you play in the Europa League, as are the bonuses.  You don't, however, get awarded the Europa League for having the most co-efficient points or, indeed, for having played the most games in the competition this season (sadly)….  Celtic have earned the points they have in the SPFL this season... but they haven't yet earned enough to be awarded the league.... so you can't give them the title.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

The EPL is now suspended till first week of April - and the suspension could be extended beyond even that..... so it becomes ever more difficult to see the season being able to be completed.  

Null and void HAS to be the only choice - you cannot hand a title to a team just because they are 16 points ahead (13 if we win our game in hand) with so many points still on the table.  If we were to win the two remaining OF games that deficit is 7 points - not insurmountable - just ask Marvin Andrews.....

They can't award them the title - doing so would add the biggest of asterisks ever in the game.

Sadly (and I say this as an Arsenal fan with no real love of Liverpool), the same has to be said of Liverpool because, presently, they aren't mathematically guaranteed to win the league - they only need one more win I believe and no doubt would get it.... but if it is mathematically possible for them to be caught then they cant be awarded the title.

As its mathematically possible that we could catch them make them share next year's champions league money 

2 minutes ago, craig said:

There IS a logical reason.  Those co-efficient points are earned as you play in the Europa League, as are the bonuses.  You don't, however, get awarded the Europa League for having the most co-efficient points or, indeed, for having played the most games in the competition this season (sadly)….  Celtic have earned the points they have in the SPFL this season... but they haven't yet earned enough to be awarded the league.... so you can't give them the title.

Excellent @craig, that's exactly the sort of logic I was looking for ??

I must admit I am absolutely feckin delighted that all football has now been abandoned, as I have been calling for over the last week or so now. Pity it came 24 hours too late to prevent that tragedy last night.

We must now ensure that no title is awarded. Our club must fight this all the way, legal if necessary. I can't see the season re-starting within the available timescale, and we must be leading the call for the season to be abandoned, just like 1939, with nothing awarded, and the 2020-21 season starts from scratch with the same teams in each league, when it is safe to do so, which may even have to be delayed to later than early August.

At last the correct decision and as others have said, we must fight any suggestion that Celtic are handed another tainted title. 

Oh and how good will it be to see DUFC in the championship for another year

• Frankie changed the title to SPFL Season suspended indefinitely

Statement from RFC:

RANGERS is disappointed but not surprised that all domestic and European football has been suspended and that our forthcoming matches against Celtic and Bayer Leverkusen have been postponed. However, we fully agree with the reasons behind the decisions taken by UEFA, the Scottish FA and the SPFL.

While the Club has sympathy with our vast number of supporters who have experienced a great deal of uncertainty and confusion over the last week, their health and wellbeing must take priority. We are aware of the inconvenience caused to supporters but everything that can be done to minimise the effects of coronavirus must be done and Rangers will continue to be guided by experts in the field.

We will, however, update our supporters as often as possible and share information as we receive it from the Government, health authorities and the Scottish FA and SPFL.

The safety of fans and the general public must come before anything else and we must all try to minimise the spread and effects of coronavirus.

We thank our fans for their understanding.

https://business.facebook.com/notes/rangers-fc/coronavirus/3110632318955502/?__tn__=-R