Jump to content

 

 

Coronavirus and the political situation


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

Because they are either deformed workers' states like the former Soviet Union or not socialist at all like N. Korea. I can't help it if a rogue state calls itself socialist. Socialism needs to be international to work- surely the Stalin experiment proved that?

:roflmao:

 

Socialism in whatever shape or form has never worked and never will, Capitalism for all its flaws (and there are many) works and will continue to do so until someone comes up with a workable alternative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, forlanssister said:

:roflmao:

 

Socialism in whatever shape or form has never worked and never will, Capitalism for all its flaws (and there are many) works and will continue to do so until someone comes up with a workable alternative.

It's working right well now in europe is it not? As I have said multiple times economic systems change and evolve and capitalism has had its day. It's gone though many incarnations and is about to go through another alignment with the EU about to dissolve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

 

Maybe they ought to be. As it is you've posed the question - what is their function at all? The NHS should be run and managed by the workers themselves not by trusts or private providers who have shareholders to satisfy.

One is health secretary the other an adviser. Not much more to add? 

 

If everyone in the NHS did the job they are paid to do and are fully accountable then there is enough money swilling about to cover most eventualities. A pandemic would require extra funds as is the case here and the UK Govt has not baulked at making tough decisions, financially or for public protection. 

 

Can you provide an example in the EU where the "workers" solely have responsibility for every facet of healthcare? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's working right well now in europe is it not? As I have said multiple times economic systems change and evolve and capitalism has had its day. It's gone though many incarnations and is about to go through another alignment with the EU about to dissolve.

Wishful thinking but hey I guess that's Socialism in a nutshell. xD

 

As much as I despise the EU it isn't dissolving any time soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChelseaBoy said:

One is health secretary the other an adviser. Not much more to add? 

 

If everyone in the NHS did the job they are paid to do and are fully accountable then there is enough money swilling about to cover most eventualities. A pandemic would require extra funds as is the case here and the UK Govt has not baulked at making tough decisions, financially or for public protection. 

 

Can you provide an example in the EU where the "workers" solely have responsibility for every facet of healthcare? 

No - was talking about Britain. A pandemic does indeed need extra funds as exercise cygnus 2016 pointed out but you have been silent about that. The 'tough decision' the govt. took then was to ignore its findings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, forlanssister said:

Wishful thinking but hey I guess that's Socialism in a nutshell. xD

 

As much as I despise the EU it isn't dissolving any time soon.

Keep your eye on Italy. Its GDP to debt ratio is nearly as high as Greece's was and that will cause ructions. Member states are squabbling over who should pay and Italy was a founding member.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Jesus wept.

 

That's taking straw clutching to extremes, that article is over 6 years old 9_9

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Keep your eye on Italy. Its GDP to debt ratio is nearly as high as Greece's was and that will cause ructions. Member states are squabbling over who should pay and Italy was a founding member.

Matters not one jot, after all the chest thumping the Italians will kowtow to their German paymasters jackboot same as they always do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

A pandemic does indeed need extra funds as exercise cygnus 2016 pointed out but you have been silent about that. The 'tough decision' the govt. took then was to ignore its findings.

If you increase taxes to pay for something that might not happen (and is even less likely to happen during your term), you'll be voted out at the next election. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.