Coronavirus and the political situation

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

To try and make a political point, at a time like this, is a complete disgrace. 

I just said that I wasn't trying to make political point - bit it is a possibilty. I don't wish him ill but if he recovers suddenly and tells us it's nothing to worry about and we can all get back to work then it will show that I should have made a political point.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I don't know - it was just a thought came into my mind. But I will make a political point now: frontline nurses and doctors have not all been tested as quickly as Prince Charles and the VIPs. And they are the ones fighting to save our lives often without the proper equipment. 

In other words, you conveniently used a prior post to allow you to make a political post.  Go figure :rolleyes:

However, Prince Charles was showing symptoms of the virus and, as such, needed to be tested.  Boris Johnson had symptoms and is also the leader of the country during a crisis - again he had symptoms so should be tested and, given his role to play, it makes absolute sense that he should be prioritized.

I agree with ranger_syntax - trying to make political capital out of this, as your friend Corbyn did in Parliament in his last session as leader of the opposition, is disgraceful.  Whilst the country unifies behind the NHS and the bravery of those trying to save lives... some, such as you and Corbyn, just can't help but use it as an excuse to make political capital out of it.  It is, as ranger_syntax says, disgraceful.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I just said that I wasn't trying to make political point - bit it is a possibilty. I don't wish him ill but if he recovers suddenly and tells us it's nothing to worry about and we can all get back to work then it will show that I should have made a political point.

Stretching doesn't even begin to describe this.  Do you walk around in a tin foil hat all day ?

if you live with others and you are the first in the household to have symptoms of coronavirus, then you must stay at home for 7 days, but all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

Doesn't this mean that all staff at No10 including Dominic Cummings should self-isolate for 14 days?

Apparently Johnston's pregnant girlfriend is self-isolating elsewhere in London.