Jump to content

 

 

Coronavirus and the political situation


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If only our electorate was of a higher calibre. When given the reins of democracy, people freely elect leaders like Ahern, Sturgeon, Biden, Trudeau, Macron, etc. so it's debatable whether they deserve anything other than the shambles they get. At least the people of Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, etc don't have to bear that particular burden of responsibility. 

What did Trump and Blair do to get omitted from that list?

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

What did Trump and Blair do to get omitted from that list?

Trump lacked style and composure, conducted himself like a twat ... but was generally right about many of America's problems. Blair was a bastard of course but was a very competent bastard. I wouldn't vote for them but they did have some merits. The ones I mentions are just dross, imposters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump was never a politician but he was a deal maker and I think he could reach agreement with Putin instead of all this military posturing, were one slip could have dire consequences. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, compo said:

Trump was never a politician but he was a deal maker and I think he could reach agreement with Putin instead of all this military posturing, were one slip could have dire consequences. 

Not being a politician was his principal virtue. In any case, since he will be the next POTUS, we should be grateful for the improvement he’ll bring to that office. 

Edited by Bill
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Not being a politician was his principal virtue. In any case, since he will be the next POTUS, we should be grateful for the improvement he’ll bring to that office. 

I saw somewhere that a US poll of Tump v Biden had Trump 6 points ahead and Trump v Harris he was 10 points ahead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I saw somewhere that a US poll of Tump v Biden had Trump 6 points ahead and Trump v Harris he was 10 points ahead. 

Roll on 2024 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile back in Blighty, I think Ruth Davidson has just holed Boris below the water line and ensured the early end of his premiership.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Meanwhile back in Blighty, I think Ruth Davidson has just holed Boris below the water line and ensured the early end of his premiership.

It should, but I suspect it wont have changed much beyond what is already in motion.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Meanwhile back in Blighty, I think Ruth Davidson has just holed Boris below the water line and ensured the early end of his premiership.

Got to hope so. The sooner he is gone the better for the country and for the union. He is an SNP dream. A total clown who should never have made it as far in politics as he did. Wish we could send him back to America.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.