Jump to content
 
 
 
 
Sign in to follow this  
Bluedell

Season ticket renewals

Recommended Posts

"Please renew your season tickets while we continue to fully pay our highly paid players and make no efforts to reduce costs."

 

I've not been following social media much recently but there's a rumour that the club are issuing the season ticket renewals next week, and if so then the above seems to be what they are saying.

 

The fans are losing their jobs or their livelihoods, being put on reduced hours, taking pay cuts, being put on furlough, the companies that employ them are at risk, they're worried about the health and financial future of their families and the club don't seem to be acknowledging any of that.

 

Other clubs are taking steps to reduce costs, to put staff on furlough, to let the fans know the financial situation. What's happening at our club? King has stepped down as Chairman, the forthcoming investment seems to have gone away, there's no news about the suggested share issue, 

 

I understand that the club need our cash but there should be some communication, some efforts to show that those at the club are sharing the pain that a large section of the country are going through.

 

They can't even tell us when games will be played and what season they will relate to.

 

We must have cashflow problems. The accounts stated that season ticket money paid by credit card is "released to the Club over the course of the season." By my calculation there may be around £2.6 million still to be received due to the games that haven't been played. When is the Europa league cash coming from UEFA? Presumably the TV companies aren't paying anything over at the moment.

 

It's such a crazy situation that Steven Naismith is the moral shining light in Scottish football at the moment. When are our players stepping up?

 

We need the club to tell us what's happening and to take action to show us that they are doing everything they can to manage the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post. I think players earning above an appropriate threshold should have wages cut immediately - I don't know what that threshold should be but it seems right that players earning lesser amounts should have relatively smaller reductions. Without sight of detailed employee costs it's hard to say what scope exists for other staff cost reductions but, while everyone would like to protect our employees, the club needs protection too or there will be no jobs for anyone.

 

It's disappointing but entirely typical that football's ruling bodies are failing to provide any leadership in this matter. That said, responsibility for Rangers lies with the Rangers board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a fool would pay for something they might not get saying that I will probably renew our tickets as they say there's no fool like an old fool .

As to players wages and I know this will never happen but it would be nice to see how they manage on the government's minimum wage for a while give them an insight into what some people out there have to do and I wonder if agents will give back their obscene fees .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club released a statement on Friday night which was fully detailed, short of saying they have £7m or 70p left in bank what more do you want them to say? In this share issue stuff was clarified 

 

An executive board team is looking at all eventualities with this Virus 

 

I was told more share issue details Would come out on release of ST stuff so if that’s true we’ll hear more next week 

 

Not at dig at you OP, but club have made information clear to extent they can, we will be informed of anything else that’s happening

 

I think club are simply waiting & exploring carefully, if that’s the correct process we will see obviously nobody knows at present

 

With Euro money all up in the air then we are in a bit of limbo, as our club makes relatively little from home games & no commercial income I’m not sure we feel punch as much but that’s only my own conjecture, our staff numbers are relatively small also  

 

(Fwiw I think players will take cuts but staff will be looked after as an offset of this - I can also see clubs not being allowed to Furlough staff in these events as MPs etc down south getting knickers in a twist about it - our club may be waiting for these outcomes) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

The club released a statement on Friday night which was fully detailed, short of saying they have £7m or 70p left in bank what more do you want them to say? In this share issue stuff was clarified 

 

An executive board team is looking at all eventualities with this Virus 

 

I was told more share issue details Would come out on release of ST stuff so if that’s true we’ll hear more next week 

 

Not at dig at you OP, but club have made information clear to extent they can, we will be informed of anything else that’s happening

 

I think club are simply waiting & exploring carefully, if that’s the correct process we will see obviously nobody knows at present

 

With Euro money all up in the air then we are in a bit of limbo, as our club makes relatively little from home games & no commercial income I’m not sure we feel punch as much but that’s only my own conjecture, our staff numbers are relatively small also  

 

(Fwiw I think players will take cuts but staff will be looked after as an offset of this - I can also see clubs not being allowed to Furlough staff in these events as MPs etc down south getting knickers in a twist about it - our club may be waiting for these outcomes) 

Why are they waiting? Get costs under control now. TUI have made 11,000 staff furloughed. Why haven't Rangers done the same with their "relatively small" number of staff who are currently doing nothing? It all helps at this time. 

 

There is nothing to have prevented the club putting people on furlough a week ago. The furlough letters that came out yesterday only referred to the EPL, and these are no excuse as to why the club are not doing something. There's cash available from the Government. Why aren't we taking advantage of it?

 

Why are we being asked for season ticket cash at this point if all the funding is in place and if there's no concerns? Are they considering the financial turmoil that their fans are going through. I received a call from a mate yesterday who is concerned about it as he has no cash coming in at the moment.

 

The club's statement on one hand may be reassuring but there's now no incentive for players to look at their wages and take pay cuts, which other clubs throughout Europe have been able to achieve, and yet the fans are still being asked to cough up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also is the guff of new systems regards new system of levels they have to get it clear for those currently on cccs as it looks as if they are going to co-erse fans into buying friendlies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any player should have their wages capped during this outbreak at £3Kpw. The difference between that and their normal contracted wage will go to keep the club safe throughout this process.

 

Every player should be able to live off £150Kpa, bearing in mind if they have been even the slightest bit responsible they will have significant savings put away, We are all in the normal world having to use savings to get us through this, why should the highest paid people in the country not have to? They are not being asked to go to the front line of the NHS, to take up jobs in supermarkets or voluntary work delivering essentials to pensioners and vulnerable people, they are merely being asked to live off less for a while, for the greater good.

 

Rangers, Celtic & the entire top two leagues in England, should not be eligible for these handouts, for which we as taxpayers will be paying through the nose for, for many years to come through increased taxation. 

 

I will not be paying for a season ticket until I know we are not conceding the title to the bheasts. If we concede the title, (or meekly accept without fighting it legally), the SPFL giving them the title, I dont think I will be able to find it in myself to renew. Sporting Integrity must be delivered, where trophies must be won on the pitch in the timeframe announced at the beginning of the process. If the league cannot be completed by the end of May as is in the rules, it has to be declared null and void.

 

I am happy to leave the remainder of my 19-20 ST money which I haven't had the games for yet with the club to see them through these troubled times. I dont want a refund to which I am entitled. But for the club to ask for more in all this uncertainty, and while they might allow the scum to be awarded a title they haven't won is, in my opinion, disgusting and a step too far. It is something Murray would have done, and would have been rightfully slaughtered for. I expected better of our current custodians.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Any player should have their wages capped during this outbreak at £3Kpw. The difference between that and their normal contracted wage will go to keep the club safe throughout this process.

 

Every player should be able to live off £150Kpa, bearing in mind if they have been even the slightest bit responsible they will have significant savings put away, We are all in the normal world having to use savings to get us through this, why should the highest paid people in the country not have to? They are not being asked to go to the front line of the NHS, to take up jobs in supermarkets or voluntary work delivering essentials to pensioners and vulnerable people, they are merely being asked to live off less for a while, for the greater good.

 

Rangers, Celtic & the entire top two leagues in England, should not be eligible for these handouts, for which we as taxpayers will be paying through the nose for, for many years to come through increased taxation. 

 

I will not be paying for a season ticket until I know we are not conceding the title to the bheasts. If we concede the title, (or meekly accept without fighting it legally), the SPFL giving them the title, I dont think I will be able to find it in myself to renew. Sporting Integrity must be delivered, where trophies must be won on the pitch in the timeframe announced at the beginning of the process. If the league cannot be completed by the end of May as is in the rules, it has to be declared null and void.

 

I am happy to leave the remainder of my 19-20 ST money which I haven't had the games for yet with the club to see them through these troubled times. I dont want a refund to which I am entitled. But for the club to ask for more in all this uncertainty, and while they might allow the scum to be awarded a title they haven't won is, in my opinion, disgusting and a step too far. It is something Murray would have done, and would have been rightfully slaughtered for. I expected better of our current custodians.

 

Getting slightly ahead of yourself there TB, are you not ?  You are talking as if the title has already been handed to Celtic.  And, even if it was, Rangers can't do a whole lot until such time as that is official - all they can really do is contend it in the background - and one has to think that is happening, given McAllister stating publicly we wouldn't concede the title to them.  Making it a legal matter can't happen until it has been confirmed.

 

I may be in the minority with regards to ST money and I fully appreciate that I am far more fortunate than many given I can work from home and our company s largely "business as usual" - but I personally would be fine with paying for my son and my ex's ST's in advance if it helps the club out.

 

One would like to think that when ST renewal notices come out that the club will also provide narrative (public statement or included within ST letters) about the situation, what it means to the club, how they propose handling it, what consideration they have given to fans suffering financially etc.

 

These are troubled times, with great uncertainty and things can change very quickly.  The only certainty right now is that I will be having a glass of wine this evening :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Why are they waiting? Get costs under control now. TUI have made 11,000 staff furloughed. Why haven't Rangers done the same with their "relatively small" number of staff who are currently doing nothing? It all helps at this time. 

 

There is nothing to have prevented the club putting people on furlough a week ago. The furlough letters that came out yesterday only referred to the EPL, and these are no excuse as to why the club are not doing something. There's cash available from the Government. Why aren't we taking advantage of it?

 

Why are we being asked for season ticket cash at this point if all the funding is in place and if there's no concerns? Are they considering the financial turmoil that their fans are going through. I received a call from a mate yesterday who is concerned about it as he has no cash coming in at the moment.

 

The club's statement on one hand may be reassuring but there's now no incentive for players to look at their wages and take pay cuts, which other clubs throughout Europe have been able to achieve, and yet the fans are still being asked to cough up.

You want our staff furloughed? No not for me 

 

I’d rather we looked after our staff at these times

 

We are being asked for ST money at same time every year, the club have to try & plan for next season as normal. I would have thought that was self explanatory

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

You want our staff furloughed? No not for me 

 

I’d rather we looked after our staff at these times

 

We are being asked for ST money at same time every year, the club have to try & plan for next season as normal. I would have thought that was self explanatory

 

 

Why is furloughing our staff not looking after them?

 

If necessary, the club can make up the other 20% of their pay and they are no worse off but we have saved 80% of their salary while they are not working. Why would you rather the club incurred the cost if they are not working rather than having it financed by the government? Surely those at the club realise that?

 

I've already highlighted why this isn't like any other season and the financial issues that the support have. The club can't even tell us if or when the season will start and they're wanting our cash, without apparently taking any steps to mitigate the situation. 

 

The club appear to be treating it as a normal season and don't appear to be taking account of the fans, which was the whole point of the OP.

 

Perhaps you're lucky enough not to be financially impacted by the current crisis but there will be many who are but you and the club don't seem to be in the slightest concerned about them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.