Commercial update: SD/MASH end involvement with RFC

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

New and rather informative article from Stevie ..

A new commercial era is here for Rangers

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2020/05/03/a-new-commercial-era-is-here-for-rangers/

+ + + 

Was there any reason given why we are still owed money by Hummel et al? Was it because of the SD dispute fallout?

The only thing I'd say about that is I'll be stunned if the new retail operation doesn't benefit Rangers by more than the £5m per season mentioned. Perhaps the biggest failing at the club over many years, and certainly stretching further back than the troubles of 2012, has been the failure to fully realise the commercial potential of one of the biggest supports in football. There's a huge market out there but it needs cultivating and it needs to be offered more than a pin badge, a few coffee mugs and clothing that doesn't survive the first wash. Without an integrated marketing strategy, professional brand development and a sales network to match, we will continue to underachieve. These are the things I'm looking to emerge from this fresh start. One of the best things I heard in the recent interviews, and there were many good things, was the decision finally to fully digitise the commercial activity of the club because without this fundamental change to how we interact with the support here and abroad we will struggle to grow. I just hope this also includes a dramatic improvement in how we sell the football product, so that every supporter can access and enjoy watching their team on the park - we need to take this way beyond the 50,000 in the stadium. Rangers TV is a decent offering but it could be vastly better and needs a big shake up.

One for the lads that know the replica shirt scene what do you know about this company teams or players they have contracts with ,who owns them only time will tell .

1 hour ago, compo said:

One for the lads that know the replica shirt scene what do you know about this company teams or players they have contracts with ,who owns them only time will tell .

If you look them up you will find Andy Murray is a shareholder in what is a relatively new company who hope to break into bigger markets,they have no football connection at present AFAIK.

36 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I'm struggling to see how this would end all litigation when the litigation applies to previous contracts. 

In a way so do I and hope that the board have got it right this time but having been once bitten hope they have learned!.