The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

12 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Davis epitomises our current squad - he can look a first class player for a few matches but then he'll have a few games where he does very little.

We need players who can play consistently well if we want to stop Separate Entity FC from winning 9.75 in a row.

I hear what you are saying mate, but we are up against corruption and it will take a miracle for us to win the league! paranoid? maybe!.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I agree the Scottish football set up is skewed but it wasn't corruption that beat us at Tynecastle (twice) or lost a late goal at home to Hamilton. 

Agreed, not denying the fact we blew it and agree with what you are saying, just feel we will need a lot of luck and Separate Entity FC to drop a good few points, I don't see that happening.

On Kamberi I would like to see him sign, good squad player

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I agree the Scottish football set up is skewed but it wasn't corruption that beat us at Tynecastle (twice) or lost a late goal at home to Hamilton. 

Whilst that is clearly true, there are also a number of other incidents which cost us points that would have had this league much closer - likewise, there were games where there were incidents which in essence gifted Celtic additional points which would also have made this closer (Griffiths stamp at Accies which should have seen red when they were down 1-0.... he remained on the pitch ,he won the free kick which equalized and they went on to win).

Yes, we have to handle our own business better - but with balanced officiating the league this year would have been much, much closer than it was when they gifted Celtic the title

37 minutes ago, craig said:

Whilst that is clearly true, there are also a number of other incidents which cost us points that would have had this league much closer - likewise, there were games where there were incidents which in essence gifted Celtic additional points which would also have made this closer (Griffiths stamp at Accies which should have seen red when they were down 1-0.... he remained on the pitch ,he won the free kick which equalized and they went on to win).

Yes, we have to handle our own business better - but with balanced officiating the league this year would have been much, much closer than it was when they gifted Celtic the title

None of these things seemed to worry the 9iar squad though - and I'm sure we had to contend with dodgy refereeing decisions etc. then. We had also players like Stuart McCall who we don't quite have the equivalent of now. I don't think Keltic have better players than us man for man - but they definitely are more consistent. Anyone know - do we have an actual sports psychologist on the staff? Used to pooh-pooh them but I think their input is sorely needed now.

3 hours ago, craig said:

The only thing that matters is we can do something about our own shortcomings. Whether we like it or not we can do nothing about corrupt officials.

4 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

None of these things seemed to worry the 9iar squad though - and I'm sure we had to contend with dodgy refereeing decisions etc. then. We had also players like Stuart McCall who we don't quite have the equivalent of now. I don't think Keltic have better players than us man for man - but they definitely are more consistent. Anyone know - do we have an actual sports psychologist on the staff? Used to pooh-pooh them but I think their input is sorely needed now.

The 9IAR squad were all winners, and had a confidence in their own ability.

We need a new captain ,but i really don't see a natural one at all in the current squad.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

The only thing that matters is we can do something about our own shortcomings. Whether we like it or not we can do nothing about corrupt officials.

And nobody is denying that - but should we just brush it off with "well, we shouldn't have lost a late goal against Accies" or should we be highlighting what appears to be, at best, incompetent officiating ?

There is a reason we don't get balanced officiating and that reason is, for the most part because Celtic and their fans played a blinder when they forced the ref's strike and everything that happened from that point forth.

Even if we win the league the incompetence won't stop if we don't challenge it publicly.

18 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

It was corruption when we played kilmarnock