The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t believe some of the negativity about Kent from our support 

In seriousness though, it is just the nature of the game of football. People see different things in players. I have been equally surprised by the negativity towards many of our players through the years. To give just one example, I defended and backed Barisic when it seemed 95% of our support wanted him gone after the loss at Rugby Park.

Goldson, Tavernier and Jack have been pilloried by sections of support regularly in the last couple of seasons and I have defended them too. Kent is just another player who people see very different things in, albeit I will happily admit that the vast majority clearly rate him very highly, including the Gaffer.

Edited by DMAA

6 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t believe some of the negativity about Kent from our support 

Neither can I but Ryan Kent has had an irrational army of detractors ever since his price was announced. Kent has been one of the few Rangers players this season who has shown good energy and been prepared to try something other than a safe square pass. Right now, other than Joe Aribo, Kent is about the only source of invention or direct play we have and is one player we really can't afford to be selling. I'd sell Morelos before I'd sell Kent.

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Neither can I but Ryan Kent has had an irrational army of detractors ever since his price was announced

In case I am included in this, I was a "detractor" long before this. I agree he has started the season well and has earned his place in the starting 11 at the moment. Whether he is replaceable with £10m+ in the bank is another matter though.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

In case I am included in this, I was a "detractor" long before this. I agree he has started the season well and has earned his place in the starting 11 at the moment. Whether he is replaceable with £10m+ in the bank is another matter though.

Don't fret. I never actually gave you a moment's thought.

I would be surprised if we sold kent this year unless a daft bid comes in, think with a full pre season under his belt and staying injury free he will be worth more than 20 million.

Im guessing the English teams have to have a quota of English players in their squad, which I would say makes kent more valuable than 10 million, they have just bid 25m for ben white from brighton, if they are willing to bid that for him then I would be wanting equal or more than for kent

BTW, aside from Benteke, the name Harry WIlson also popped up yesterday. Given what they raked in for Solanke (who done next to nothing after his transfer), the fee mentioned was 20m. Which would probably even be value for money. Should we see the back of Morelos and even Kent, well ...

Just as food for thought.

I saw Kent (just before his transfer) and Wilson together at the start of last season in a friendly for Liverpool and they were different class. Wilson was doing well on loan last season and Liverpool said that they'd sell him, no more loans. One also wonders whether SG can convince Klopp of a loan for Rhian Brewster for our right flank ...

Edited by der Berliner