Stats & Analytics

This one has been posted in another thread already but thought I would post it in here. Hagi posting very good numbers, especially when you remove the advantage of being a set piece taker.

The 'supercomputer' has spoken!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premiership/

Up until yesterday it was predicting that Celtic would win.  So I thought that it was a load of rubbish.  Now that it is predicting a Rangers victory I think that it is a fine method of prediction.

12 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The 'supercomputer' has spoken!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premiership/

Up until yesterday it was predicting that Celtic would win.  So I thought that it was a load of rubbish.  Now that it is predicting a Rangers victory I think that it is a fine method of prediction.

Well bang goes that method of deciding who wins the league when they decide to abandon it. Next up, average league points over the last 5 years will be used to project the winner. 

Up to date goals and assists numbers for all competitions. I believe some “unofficial” assists are included here, for example a couple for Barisic which weren’t registered because the ball deflected slightly after he crossed it. 

Goals
Tavernier -9
Kent -5
Morelos -5
Goldson -4
Arfield -3
Roofe -3
Aribo -2
Defoe -2
Itten -2
Barisic -1
Barker -1
Hagi-1
Helander -1
Jones -1
O.G. -1

Assists
Hagi -7
Barisic -6
Tavernier -6
Arfield -4
Kent -2
Morelos -2
Defoe -1

Win impact rating is a combination of loads of stats, defensive and offensive. Not sure how much I trust it personally, seems to favour attacking players who take a lot of a shots a bit too much. Interesting reading anyway. Not including our front 3, Arfield, Jack and Tavernier all showing up with very high numbers. I’d think Barisic should be here though. 

Edited by DMAA

An update to the tables posted last week. Our numbers are down slightly after Livingston, but Celtic’s have continued to fall too after Aberdeen. 

Interesting to see the rest of the league too. Most notable is St Johnstone so high despite being currently 10th. From what I have seen of them, Craig Conway has been a brilliant signing for them, reminds me of when Burke came back up here in his 30s but was still one of the best non-OF players in the league.