Covid19 Immunity Passports are Inevitable

It seems to me there are only two ways that Covid19 vaccines can be effective (as opposed to efficacious). The first is for everyone to be vaccinated. The second is to be able to identify those who have been vaccinated and distinguish them from those who have not.

Since mandatory vaccination will never happen and since anti-vaxxing has assumed cult proportions, the only way forward seems to be to issue Covid19 passports so that those who have been vaccinated can start transitioning back to pre-Covid normality.

Agree, disagree, don't give a stuff?

It will be a neck chip, just like my labradors, this will allow rapid scanning at crowd events, chipless ones will alarm as you enter shops, cinemas, public transport or football grounds, workplaces will make them mandatory as will benefit office's and all public buildings. 

When this happens then we will finally have clarity on covid 19 and the western response to the virus, the end game will be revealed. 

All predicted a long time ago.

Revelations 13 / 17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

It seems to me there are only two ways that Covid19 vaccines can be effective (as opposed to efficacious). The first is for everyone to be vaccinated. The second is to be able to identify those who have been vaccinated and distinguish them from those who have not.

Since mandatory vaccination will never happen and since anti-vaxxing has assumed cult proportions, the only way forward seems to be to issue Covid19 passports so that those who have been vaccinated can start transitioning back to pre-Covid normality.

Agree, disagree, don't give a stuff?

Forgive my laymans interpretation, but once a significant proportion of the population receive the vaccine, subject to its long term efficacy and whether we need to get regular shots for it, do we not then then achieve herd immunity to the extent where there will be a natural level of protection for the majority of the population?  And wouldn't that mean that anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated, would surely just be accepting that they are at a higher risk of infection?  

6 hours ago, stewarty said:

Forgive my laymans interpretation, but once a significant proportion of the population receive the vaccine, subject to its long term efficacy and whether we need to get regular shots for it, do we not then then achieve herd immunity to the extent where there will be a natural level of protection for the majority of the population?  And wouldn't that mean that anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated, would surely just be accepting that they are at a higher risk of infection?  

That's what I assumed. Given that reports say they will not be vaccinating healthy schoolchildren, it still means that the original estimates of herd immunity would be met if 60% of the adult population is either vaccinated or have had a positive test and have the antibodies. 

We shouldn't need to vaccinate everybody. Those that don't vaccinate have the risk of running into someone who hasn't had covid or been vaccinated - albeit a much reduced risk.

I don't see passports as something that the Government will propose. It goes against the "British are a freedom loving people". After all some MPs think that the right to meet someone indoors to have a cup of tea is more fundamental than helping to protect lives.  The number of deaths are approaching 60,000 and they don't seem to care.

The idea that passports to allow international travel is a possibility and some countries may require something like this but I can't see it being used widely within the UK. Paradoxically retailers would be more inclined to go along with this if there was a really high take up rate of the vaccine as it would mean they are not turning people away.

Well, now we have this new vaccine from Pfizer or its collaborator, how can we be sure that it has been properly trialled and tested? There are sure to be vested interests involved here linked to the government and even the Opposition (Owen Smith was a consultant for Pfizer). 

If it's to be made compulsory, then whoever administers it will have no objection to signing a declaration admitting full responsibility if anything were to go wrong, would they?

I'm far from being an anti-vaxxer, but we don't want Son of Thalidomide a few years down the line.

On 01/12/2020 at 09:01, Yorkie Bear said:

I don't see passports as something that the Government will propose. It goes against the "British are a freedom loving people". After all some MPs think that the right to meet someone indoors to have a cup of tea is more fundamental than helping to protect lives.  The number of deaths are approaching 60,000 and they don't seem to care.

The idea that passports to allow international travel is a possibility and some countries may require something like this but I can't see it being used widely within the UK. Paradoxically retailers would be more inclined to go along with this if there was a really high take up rate of the vaccine as it would mean they are not turning people away.

Think I read that Qantas are insisting on proof of vaccination before travel.

So how do we know who's been vaccinated a slip of paper is easy to forge as for an app well weve seen the shambles in recent months of them or maybe we will just adopt the 1930s German way have a huge V sowed on to our clothing .

Come the day I will be first in the queue for the jag ,mon the jags