Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

1 hour ago, buster. said:

If you are trying to sell something then timing is important.

General economic carnage will only get worse in the short to medium term (perhaps beyond that) and with that in mind, for DK, the quicker the better. Then of course, you have the current general feel good factor around the club.

From the outside, looking in from afar, ye auld gut feel is saying...... the Club 1872 / Chris Graham / Dave King relationships aren't as transparently healthy and what you'd hope for. 

That's my feeling also, it seems strange to say it considering the circumstances but it turns out that this moment might be the best moment to sell. It still irks me that we have this kind of change and uncertainty during the period when we are just peaking - it would have been helpful to have a steady platform for this season.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

From the outside, looking in from afar, ye auld gut feel is saying...... the Club 1872 / Chris Graham / Dave King relationships aren't as transparently healthy and what you'd hope for. 

I think that's probably the least you could say about it.

Good news that if the board want the money it is theirs. Should allay a lot of peoples fears. 

I never got the sense they do personally but we shall know for sure soon enough. 

Not listened to podcast yet but will be starting it soon. 

I had been prepared to back a board share issue as well as Club 1872 but this works out better. 

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

None if he is unsuccessful. 

However please see point 5, of 14, in his, ahem, narrow manifesto.

"Immediate temporary suspension of the Club1872Legacy scheme to be sought."

Narrow manifesto , at least he has one , again I ask you what progress is there for Rangers in this .

8 minutes ago, rbr said:

Narrow manifesto , at least he has one , again I ask you what progress is there for Rangers in this .

IMHO, it is still quite simple. Safe-guarding Rangers shares from "hostile" / "non-supporter" takeovers* is one aim, getting money into the club by buying new shares IF/SHOULD they become available the other aim. Club 1872 as the supporters' main vehicle to get a large chunk of shares under "one shareholder slot" should "simply" allow those wanting to invest a choice of how they want their money used. (I haven`t listened to the podcast just yet and don`t know what Laura has said.)

*As distant a notion this might seem in the here and now. 

Edited by der Berliner

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, it is still quite simple. Safe-guarding Rangers shares from "hostile" / "non-supporter" takeovers* is one aim, getting money into the club by buying new shares IF/SHOULD they become available the other aim. Club 1872 as the supporters' main vehicle to get a large chunk of shares under "one shareholder slot" should "simply" allow those wanting to invest a choice of how they want their money used. (I haven`t listened to the podcast just yet and don`t know what Laura has said.)

*As distant a notion this might seem in the here and now. 

So there is no progress for Rangers , good glads that cleared up .

We only need 10% to do many of those things , or so we were repeatedly told in the past .

59 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I wonder of some of the (unexpected?) negative comments have caused this apparent change in approach....

I'd say there's no doubt about it. It's entirely typical Club1872 didn't anticipate this reaction in the first place or, if they did, chose to ignore it.