Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

56 minutes ago, rbr said:

So there is no progress for Rangers , good glads that cleared up .

We only need 10% to do many of those things , or so we were repeatedly told in the past .

That solely depends on what you define as "progress for Rangers", doesn´t it? IMHO, both option are progress for Rangers.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

That solely depends on what you define as "progress for Rangers", doesn´t it? IMHO, both option are progress for Rangers.

Easing the club's financial constraints is certainly a good thing, albeit temporary.

Having sufficient shareholding to prevent harmful board actions is also a good thing ... but only if you trust the people wielding that shareholding.

Progress means nothing unless you know if it is good or bad progress and that is a purely retrospective commodity, which is why transparency and honesty at the outset is such an essential component. When Club1872 starts conducting itself with transparency and honesty, it will be possible to trust it's custody of such a large shareholding. Until then it would be reckless to support it.

Edited by Bill

12 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think you are finding it difficult to keep up here.

Go back and re-read the comments. 

I’m more than keeping up , I’m not the one who can’t answer the questions .

There is no progress for Rangers in this , this is a private trade between Club1872 and DK , that’s it end off , Infact if you listened to today’s excellent 4lads pod , DK further muddied the waters by stating that if Rangers wanted the £13 million money and gave a commitment to club1872 that they , the board , would convert that money into shares at 20p , he would wait and sell to club 1872 , knowing full well that that would take club1872 over the takeover the threshold where they would need to make an offer for the club .

14 minutes ago, rbr said:

There is no progress for Rangers in this , this is a private trade between Club1872 and DK , that’s it end off , Infact if you listened to today’s excellent 4lads pod , DK further muddied the waters by stating that if Rangers wanted the £13 million money and gave a commitment to club1872 that they , the board , would convert that money into shares at 20p , he would wait and sell to club 1872 , knowing full well that that would take club1872 over the takeover the threshold where they would need to make an offer for the club .

I couldn't believe he meant that. I still can't. But if it was a mistake then all that leaves is confusion and clear impression of subterfuge. 

Another bloody mess seems to be brewing.

21 minutes ago, rbr said:

Agree with your sentiment but I imagine given Club 1872 are a CIC I'm pretty sure they would get a waiver of Rule 9 pretty easily.

Decent enough podcast but probably raises more questions than it answers, appears contradictory in parts.

Part I find incredible is the notion that entering a private deal costing over £13m that they don't and may never have which could increase their holding by over 400% is not worthy of being put to the members of a purportedly membership led organisation as it's "not a key decision", wow.

5 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Part I find incredible is the notion that entering a private deal costing over £13m that they don't and may never have which could increase their holding by over 400% is not worthy of being put to the members of a purportedly membership led organisation as it's "not a key decision", wow.

Which inexactly why this organisation is clearly not ready to hold the responsibility it wants.

41 minutes ago, rbr said:

by the time that 13 million had diluted and the current loans and other investments had diluted and the 30% threshold not 25 is considered. 

Dave king could sell a lot of shares before that is a worry. 

There are also ways round it of course.