Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Another day passes and the parties involved still can't bring themselves to provide an open and honest picture of what's going on with this share sale. It might be a small point but when you're holding your hand out and/or spending other people's money a little transparency might reflect well on you.

From the outside, it looks hurried, and, I hate to say it, a little less than than kosher.

5 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

D'Artagnan used to regularly post on Gersnet. It must be over a year since his last? Agreed, informed and sound poster.

Of course, one proviso! I understand he is a former Bootneck, thus a complete and utter cnut. In the grand scheme of things, one of the better complete and utter cnuts. What has happened to him?

He couldn't hold back the tide?

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Another day passes and the parties involved still can't bring themselves to provide an open and honest picture of what's going on with this share sale. It might be a small point but when you're holding your hand out and/or spending other people's money a little transparency might reflect well on you.

If only the seller and purchaser had done an extensive interview answering many fans questions on this very Platform 

A real Shame actually 

Oh hold on, they did...... 

1 minute ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

If only the seller and purchaser had done an extensive interview answering many fans questions on this very Platform 

A real Shame actually 

Oh hold on, they did...... 

It was fairly interesting too but hardly the platform where the big truths were ever going to be revealed. I don't believe you actually think it answered all the questions either? 

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

It was fairly interesting too but hardly the platform where the big truths were ever going to be revealed. I don't believe you actually think it answered all the questions either? 

I think it’s a good platform for a first interview and there is plenty of follow up or additional ones to ask 

But if talking to the fans isn’t the platform then what would be? 

Surely we can’t say they aren’t giving answers or being truthful when they have had extensive media interviews for the last week?

However it is what it is, natural people are suspicious 

Hopefully follow up interviews bring even more clarity on this platform 

5 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

I think it’s a good platform for a first interview and there is plenty of follow up or additional ones to ask 

But if talking to the fans isn’t the platform then what would be? 

Surely we can’t say they aren’t giving answers or being truthful when they have had extensive media interviews for the last week?

However it is what it is, natural people are suspicious 

Hopefully follow up interviews bring even more clarity on this platform 

Thanks for doing the interview Stevie and IMO it did help clear up (for good and bad) some things.

However, on this type of subject where the hard earned cash of so many fans is wanted, absolute transparency and full disclosure from the word go is needed. If it has to be almost dragged out then it's not a good sign.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Thanks for doing the interview Stevie and IMO it did help clear up (for good and bad) some things.

However, on this type of subject where the hard earned cash of so many fans is wanted, absolute transparency and full disclosure from the word go is needed. If it has to be almost dragged out then it's not a good sign.

What has had to be dragged out? 

5 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

What has had to be dragged out? 

You talked about needing additional interviews / follow-ups so as to get what I imagine to be a clearer picture.

I'm just saying, that on the important issues, you'd hope/expect for absolute transparency/disclosure in Interview No.1.

This is no slight against you or the podcast. Doing a Jeremy Paxman is very difficult and when it's the guy who was a very important part of regime change that is being interviewed, even more difficult. But you did repeat some of the questions, so kudos & fair play to you for making a decent fist of it.

Specifically, for me it comes down to transparency (or lack of) regarding the relationships/links between C1872, Dave King, RIFC and Chris Graham. I know that the sources for the doubts raised are good, so it'd be better to have all the facts out in the open, rather than the subject of online conjecture.

I'll be honest.

I don't really fully trust DK, never have.... but was always fully behind him and the broader effort for regime change back in the day because I strongly thought it to be in the clubs best interests. Like so many businessmen out there, he might occasionally sail close to the wind but in those dark days, his vision, expertise and hard cash were all needed and given due to his genuine love for the club and concerns for the future. For that I will always be grateful.