Kneel on, kneel on ....

EPL asked PFA if they wanted to carry on with kneeling. PFA put it to a members’ vote . They voted to continue. Some players now whining that PFA should have shown leadership instead of asking the members. They would, of course, also have been whining if the Association had made a decision without consultation.

How about a vote of supporters?

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

So a minority are being forced into supporting a marxist organisation because a majority want to do it?

This should be about the real issue at play, which is racisim.

Besides, whilst I get that there is a pressure, surely players aren't forced to do it.  

That said and IMO, a campaign should set out clear goals/stages that run alongside various types of protest. Rather than simply sticking with the same gesture that may become complacent and then easy to sideline what the whole thing is about.

BLM (US) was about disproportionate police shooting/violence that is very real and frankly, a disgrace.

Until something changes, if I were a player, I'd be happy kneeling for 5 seconds before a game

Shouldn't they kneel for other people persecuted around the globe then?

5 seconds for the Uighurs. 

5 seconds for the Rohingya.

5 seconds for the Yazidis.

5 seconds for the Armenian citizens in Artsakh. 

5 seconds for women ruled by a patriarchy.

5 seconds for Christians in North East Nigeria.

5 seconds for transsexuals in Brazil.

5 seconds for Hong Kong democracy. 

We could be here a while...

23 minutes ago, buster. said:

Besides, whilst I get that there is a pressure, surely players aren't forced to do it.  

That said and IMO, a campaign should set out clear goals/stages that run alongside various types of protest. Rather than simply sticking with the same gesture that may become complacent and then easy to sideline what the whole thing is about.

BLM (US) was about disproportionate police shooting/violence that is very real and frankly, a disgrace.

Until something changes, if I were a player, I'd be happy kneeling for 5 seconds before a game

I'd agree that it should be about racism in general, but this is about one specific anti-racism organisation. What about the many Asians in our support, for example? Why does it have to just be in respect of one type of racism? That in itself could be argued as being racist too.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

It's the players who are kneeling, not the supporters.

Yes but the supporters are forced to watch it if they attend games - which they didnt ask for when purchasing their season tickets. Keep politics out of football. 

36 minutes ago, buster. said:

Yeah right. Earth to Buster. 

Exactly it started in the US. But it is also about so much more, so let's not import this Marxist bull crap and certainly not into our national game. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Shouldn't they kneel for other people persecuted around the globe then?

5 seconds for the Uighurs. 

5 seconds for the Rohingya.

5 seconds for the Yazidis.

5 seconds for the Armenian citizens in Artsakh. 

5 seconds for women ruled by a patriarchy.

5 seconds for Christians in North East Nigeria.

5 seconds for transsexuals in Brazil.

5 seconds for Hong Kong democracy. 

We could be here a while...

5 minutes for children abused at celtic boys club