Brexit - The Chequered Flag

On 10/01/2021 at 10:37, buster. said:

For Brexiteers, wasn't it Johnson who did the blinking ?

ps. the term Brexiteer sounds a bit French !! 

Why do you say this?

From what i have read and the reactions of the ERG and business the EU made many concessions around level playing field and the regulatory position. The fishing issue while it will take longer than envisaged will redress the balance and result in a much larger catch for UK fishing Industry and a reduction for the EU. 

Much as I wanted to, I could never fully enjoy the Brexit vote. While the referendum gave the result I wanted, there was then the prolonged battle to implement it, with numerous possibilities to lose this opportunity. For a long time I was convinced Brexit would be sold out by weak leadership. And then it was done, Brexit was finally done and everything changed. 

Now, freed of the fear of disappointment, I enjoy unreserved pleasure at the achievement of Brexit. More than that, I'm revelling in the obvious pain and bitterness of remainers everywhere. All those people who had so little confidence in themselves, in their country and in their heritage .... the urge to piss on their heads is so strong. So keep it coming, keep up your whining and bleating, because every negative utterance makes me feel better and better about what we have achieved. Nothing you could possibly say or do could ever diminish the wonderful feeling of having escaped the clutches of the hated and deeply flawed European Union.

Ian Blackford in response to a British lorry driver having his ham sandwich confiscated by Dutch officials:

"There is an alternative for Scotland… It is time to find our way back to Europe out of the darkness of Brexit.". 

Season 6 Nbc GIF

On 11/01/2021 at 12:39, ChelseaBoy said:

Why do you say this?

From what i have read and the reactions of the ERG and business the EU made many concessions around level playing field and the regulatory position. The fishing issue while it will take longer than envisaged will redress the balance and result in a much larger catch for UK fishing Industry and a reduction for the EU. 

You won't get an answer.

He's buggered off in the huff allegedly permanently this time. Though I expect he'll lurk incognito.

Leopards and spots and all that.

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

SNP in Independence priority pledge...... shock!!

By the way, what is the Brexit nightmare she quotes? Apart from some wrong documentation on fresh seafood and M&S Percy pigs having problems being imported from Germany, i've not heard of any nightmares and on my trip to Heathrow yesterday saw no noticeable shortage of HGVs in both directions?

Methinks Susan Aitken is talking out of her backside.... and not for the first time. 

14 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Thank goodness somebody is finally saying this. Some will say that the council has no competence to discuss international trade but those people are FASCISTS!

Everybody in my town is starving to death and all because of this HARD RIGHT TORY BREXIT!

I propose that we forget that Glasgow City Council is rubbish at every single thing it attempts to do and ask her to be Prime Minister.