What Global brand do we have ?

Are we becoming Tims, bothering more about them than ourselves ?

Again, at least they are trying - it is called forward-thinking from a business sense. We aren't doing anything (or at least weren't until this summer).

The good thing is they arent stretching ahead of us.

As for your "merchandising myth" - go anywhere abroad and you are likely to see more of their tops than ours - I don't believe for a minute that someone saw more Gers tops than Tims tops - I travel to the US at least 3 times a year (for 7 years now) and I have NEVER seen more Gers tops than Tims tops - sorry, but I think whoever said that was looking for Gers tops.

Perhaps, the last part may well be true.

However for the most part your are mising the point of the thread.

I am not trying to demonstrate we have a global brand. I'm merely pointing out that they, aided by our media, are lying about their supposed global brand. It doesn't exist.

You say they are trying. But to be honest the negatives to their season and also the financial cost, is it substantially offset by the minor financial gains? It doesn't look like it. It's only worth the cost if there are significant gains to be made, but to be honest it doesn't look like the rewards are there.

Are we becoming Tims, bothering more about them than ourselves ?

No. I talk about my own club far more than any other, however the above line will not stop me discussing a topic I feel is worth mentioning.

In summation, the facts demonstrate that Celtic do not have a global brand. Just ex-pats attending foriegn jollies.

So pre-season friendlies are "prostituting" now ? I guess we pimped ourselves when we went to LA then did we ?

If you don't like the choice of word, perhaps a bit extreme and ill advises, fine. However I wont get into a debate to deflect away from the real point of the thread.