Feeding the Elephant – The BBC's debt to Rangers

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

My reason for renewing is I don’t believe you can choose which laws you are going to obey.

There's no requirement to pay it if you don't have the relevant equipment in your home.

It's a personal choice but I will say, I feel far less agitated reading 26th's posts on here and hearing about Michael Stewart's Sportscene rants now that I am no longer contributing to the BBC coffers.

7 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I was going to point out that the initial part of the article refers to BBC rather than BBC Scotland, but thinking about it further the BBC as a whole are complicit and London have backed the approach of their biased counterparts in Scotland and refused to investigate it, despite numerous complaints to them, including one from@ian1964.

I think I posted all the correspondence on here? the whole complaints system is designed to piss you off so you just drop it, you get nowhere with them. It is a different story for the likes of Rangers FC I would imagine? I'm certain they can get a more direct line to the BBC and have if I'm correct? and it's still Status Quo.

I don't think we need BBC Scotland tbh and I would hope they never set foot inside Ibrox ever again, however it is still wrong that a lot of Rangers fans, and opposing fans whose team are playing at Ibrox, are paying for a service yet not receiving it!.

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's no requirement to pay it if you don't have the relevant equipment in your home.

It's a personal choice but I will say, I feel far less agitated reading 26th's posts on here and hearing about Michael Stewart's Sportscene rants now that I am no longer contributing to the BBC coffers.

Agree with gonzo. Just cancelled my licence last year and got an official letter stating that no licence is needed. The last BBC produced show I watched was available on Netflix so why am I paying nearly 150 bucks a year for the bloody privilage? 

39 minutes ago, craig said:

Can someone explain to me what the criteria are that allow you to "avoid" the BBC Licence ?

BSRT has summed it up but here's the criteria in more detail:

A TV Licence is a legal permission to install or use television receiving equipment to watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer. This could be on any device, including TVs, desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, games consoles, digital boxes, DVD, Blu-ray and VHS recorders.

My opinion about the licence fee is a general one (in relation to the entire BBC output) but the way Rangers fans are treated was the straw that broke the camel's back, a year or so ago.

McLaughlin commenced the stand-off with his ridiculous headline after our 6-2 victory at Easter Road.  Rangers were correct to revoke his press privileges as a result.  The situation has reached an impasse, with neither PQ or Rangers prepared to budge.  This, combined with BBC and Ofcom's absolutely pitiful and dismissive handling of valid and reasonable complaints made by many Bears (myself and @ian1964 included), is what made me decide that there is only one useful course of action.