Feeding the Elephant – The BBC's debt to Rangers

1 hour ago, craig said:

Can someone explain to me what the criteria are that allow you to "avoid" the BBC Licence ?

One way to avoid it get a family member with a licence to buy your television then you get them to deliver it to your house one licence is all that's needed for multiple sets but beware what your doing is against the law but there's about as much chance of being  caught as wining the Euro millions 

On 19/01/2021 at 11:38, Scott7 said:

I thought about that long and hard before renewing under protest. I don’t watch a lot of TV and barely any bbc product. Mrs 7 likes travel, cookery etc even though she assesses what she watches as mostly rubbish.

My reason for renewing is I don’t believe you can choose which laws you are going to obey. That’s a lefty, republican and timmish stance.

I don’t think there will be any change in the attitude of the bbc. Their entrenched arrogance means they are right in the full knowledge that they are wrong. That applies over the whole range of bbc activity, not just coverage of Rangers.

In his article RR describes a vision of Rangers supporters in the power positions at bbc. A vision it must remain. bbc News is full of lefties. Most of the rest of production is artistic. Neither is a Rangers supporting profile. We’re all too busy working and making things.

Exactly and this is what has fuelled the Defund the BBC campaign and their treatment through TV Licencing of the over 75s some of which are already being taken to court. Around 260k households have decided not to renew their TV licences in 2020 despite how difficult this is made in terms of them linking the licence to commercial TV as well as their own output.

They are smug and complacent and their treatment of Rangers over a long period is only one reason why people should seriously consider not renewing. Hit them in the pocket and keep the pressure on MPs to change the funding model as i would argue this would be a more a free market/free speech approach rather than lefty. 

On 19/01/2021 at 19:19, BlackSocksRedTops said:

You can't watch any live TV

You can't watch any BBC catch up shows

That's correct, but you can watch all other catch up services as well as streamed services such as Netflix and Amazon, plus other free content such as Pluto TV and YouTube content. 

I get buy with a £8.99 subscription to Netflix for two screens and HD content, plus all catch up and PC content. That's enough for us and we avoid all that reality shite. 

2 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

That's correct, but you can watch all other catch up services as well as streamed services such as Netflix and Amazon, plus other free content such as Pluto TV and YouTube content. 

I get buy with a £8.99 subscription to Netflix for two screens and HD content, plus all catch up and PC content. That's enough for us and we avoid all that reality shite. 

Absolutely right. It takes about three days to realise you’re not missing anything. 

Radio 4 was my main bbc usage, but nowadays it's really not worth tuning into, unless all you want is anti trump/brexit stories or plays about somebody in Somalia with gender identity issues.

Can honestly say there's not 1 station or programme produced by the BBC that I would pay to view or listen to.

Radio 4 used to be the epitome of British identity. Now it’s like a drop-in centre for self-pitying woke activists. Like the rest of the BBC its main function seems to be telling audiences how and what to think.