Roofe banned for two games

19 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I mean the goalkeeper definitely catches his ankle, whether it’s enough to put him down or not is another matter, but it doesn’t seem hugely different from our pen at Aberdeen which we seemed happy to accept. 

I know what you are trying to imply, it’s petty.

he definitely dived and so far 3 refs agree. 

being touched doesn't give you licence to go down and get a pen. there would be dozens a game. 

it has to be enough contact to take you down or hamper your play. 

the bans are quite long for diving iirc. 

Clubs should demand to be part of the discussions about any penalties afterwards. It would be easy enough to call the sporting director et al, so a club representative will know how a verdict came to place, and get a report on that.

Likewise, clubs should know which ex-referees decide upon the incidents (does not have to be public), so a "pattern" can be avoided. After all, all three referees have to agree whether a punishment is required or not. And if someone time and again objects re Scum players, well ...

Any "incident" in any game should be reviewed, not just those picked upon by the m(h)edia. And if an incident is deemed inconclusive, there should also be a written report and the names of the "object-ers" given.

A quick glance at the disciplinary pages of the SFA show that there are lots of bans in the lower leagues, down to the Women game. You do wonder how that can happen, yet games and incidents of the Premiership with SPFL cameras there at various angles (hence the highlights) are ignored.

In essence, all clubs should demand a stop on that procedure, unless it become at least as transparent as is noted above.

Regarding Roofe`s challenge. It was poor, and reckless. Could easily have broken the chap`s ankle. If it was our player on the receiving end, why would call for blood.
The point remains that if such a challenge by our player is "revaluated", so too should be other challenges ON our players, or anyone else's, for that matter.

Just had the chance to see a tackle ON Roofe by a St Johnstone defender. Is that from Wednesday or the game in August? That was worthy of two red cards IMO. That was a shocker yet and if it is from Wednesday I've yet to see much about it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK7AYfLh_ty/?igshid=j4jk4y5w622i

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just had the chance to see a tackle ON Roofe by a St Johnstone defender. Is that from Wednesday or the game in August? That was worthy of two red cards IMO. That was a shocker yet and if it is from Wednesday I've yet to see much about it

I think it was from the game earlier in the season, but it was clearly far more worthy of retrospective action than Roofe's.

It ought to be very easy indeed to put together evidence of bias in the citation/retrospective punishment process.

Working on the grounds that the standard of refereeing is supposed to be consistent across every game in the top flight you could reasonably expect that any refereeing errors would also be evenly distributed: i.e. close to 1 in 12 (8.33%) incidents would be against any given club, and equally close to 1 in 12 incidents would be against any given club's opposition.

There was a tweet going round following Alfie's ban stating that 25% of retrospective punishments had been handed out to us (3 times what you'd expect), and 40% of incidents investigated were against whoever septic's opposition happened to be (close to 5 times what you'd expect).

If that's true there really is no other conclusion you can draw than that the Compliance Officer/Panel of Anonymous Experts is heavily biased towards punishing Rangers and pulling up anyone who's upset timmy.

Edited by Thinker