Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

Quarter Final Draw:

 

Man City v Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich v PSG

Porto v Chelsea

Real Madrid v Liverpool

 

Then the semi-final Draw

Bayern or PSG v Man City or Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid or Liverpool v Porto or Chelsea

 

I think Bayern v Man City in Semi Final 1

Real Madrid v Chelsea in Semi Final 2

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

Quarter Final Draw:

 

Man City v Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich v PSG

Porto v Chelsea

Real Madrid v Liverpool

 

Then the semi-final Draw

Bayern or PSG v Man City or Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid or Liverpool v Porto or Chelsea

 

I think Bayern v Man City in Semi Final 1

Real Madrid v Chelsea in Semi Final 2

 

 

 

I agree with City v Bayern, but the Madrid/Liverpool game could go either way. Both teams are playing poorly this season, but like you i would slightly favour Madrid especially if they can finally get a tune out of Hazard and their knowhow in Europe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I agree with City v Bayern, but the Madrid/Liverpool game could go either way. Both teams are playing poorly this season, but like you i would slightly favour Madrid especially if they can finally get a tune out of Hazard and their knowhow in Europe. 

I think Benzema will be the difference. He is on form and will be happy to play against Liverpool's make shift centre halfs. They should get a lead in the 1st leg at home and hold onto it an Anfield as there will be no 12th man (crowd) to help turn it around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I dont like or have e ever liked this whole champions league competition since the beginning when you let in a bunch of also rans in effect giving you a scenario of a team deemed the fourth best in their country being called champions of Europe,.

No only champions can truly be called champions by playing in a proper knockout tournament with none of this seeding nonsense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/03/2021 at 10:48, compo said:

Personally I dont like or have e ever liked this whole champions league competition since the beginning when you let in a bunch of also rans in effect giving you a scenario of a team deemed the fourth best in their country being called champions of Europe,.

No only champions can truly be called champions by playing in a proper knockout tournament with none of this seeding nonsense. 

Yep, I agree with that and its has massively diluted the UEFA (Europa). I say bring back the Cup Winners Cup also. But when you feed the seagulls fish they are coming back for more and now the 4-5 top leagues wouldnt go anywhere near the former European Cup.

 

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

For some reason I've got a crazy feeling Liverpool will win the damn thing outright. Football is weird game and the CL could be a welcome change from their domestic chores. Much like us in 72.

Nah, not for me. Far too weak at the back and stale in the midfield this season. Man City ripped them apart in the league 4-1 at Anfield and would do the same. Bayern would hit them for about 5. Chelsea wouldn't concede against them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are going to get an extended champions league full of teams that aren't champions,  ffs bring back the old European cup that was contested by the champions of their own country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfectly good goal denied to Dortmund because the Referee blew his whistle, meaning VAR couldn't fix the error - that's why play continues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I fancy Dortmund in the second leg.

 

Fantastic result for PSG, didnt see that one coming.

 

Chelsea quietly coming through. Thats the best result of the games.

Edited by Gribz
Link to post
Share on other sites

A good result for the pensioners last night and the frogs got the better of the German hun it gave me a jolly good double last night .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.