Nathan Patterson - stick or twist?

The biggest issue I have with these players is that this is a crucial time for our success, we have waited years for this title and for anyone within the club to riskk this then they just don't know what it means to us the fans, there can be no way back for them, a harsh lesson to learn but to me this title means everything this year. 

On 20/02/2021 at 17:04, elfideldo said:

Having watched three of the five since they were 12 years old I found it particularly disappointing. I don't think Dapo has ever been in the first team bubble,

There is no bubble, very few sports have bubbles, F1 and a few others, the players return home to their families after training, football only has an exception for training games and competitive games. At all other times, even at training and in dressing room, they have to comply with the same workplace distancing that the rest of us do.

14 hours ago, Ieatbats said:

The biggest issue I have with these players is that this is a crucial time for our success, we have waited years for this title and for anyone within the club to riskk this then they just don't know what it means to us the fans, there can be no way back for them, a harsh lesson to learn but to me this title means everything this year. 

Agreed. This is my thoughts also. You can debate about the virus but you cant go against employer rules (Rules and lawfulness is very different but respect comes into play) - especially in a privelged position footballers are in. I liked Jordon Jones as a player - he absolutely ruined himself but you cant have one rule for him and another rule for others. At this stage in the season - to risk what the team has done all season is not acceptable.

I dont buy this home grown loss argument - we will find other full backs. But Bassey and Patterson need to take good long hard looks at themselves.

Jordan Jones is an idiot, always has been, we took a punt on him and it predictably didn't work out, we owe him nothing (that's not to say we owe these other boys anything).

From folk at Killie that know him, first thing he did when signing with us was selling his car, as he couldn't trust himself to head back down to NE England to go on the razz with his pals after games.

It would be foolish in the extreme to punt these boys, by holding our self to some higher moral standard than any other club. 

8 minutes ago, compo said:

Simple answer if an employee messes up he has to go the same rule would apply to the whole workforce at Ibrox. 

Baxter and Gazza wouldn't have lasted a week at Ibrox if we operated on that basis.