ââ?¬Å?Rangers Deducted 3 Points and Fined Ã?£250,000ââ?¬Â� ââ?¬â?? Itââ?¬â?¢s Getting Closer...

I have to confess a degree of ignorance in this. I don't go to games, never really have mainly cos of cash and because the *** brigade has always put me off.

The way I see it you can splt the support into three sections

1. Never sung the songs, always found it distasteful

2. Sung the songs cos that's just what you sing at the football

3. it's my goddamn given right to sing about the F***** twats

Group 1 and 2 aren't the problem and group 3 will be split into two - those who will stop the singing for the good of the club and those who still feel they have the right to sing what they want. That's a tiny minority of the clubs support, and really if the club haven't managed to get through to them by now, then they never will. Nothing Ally McCoist, SDM or the SFA can say will change their views. Weeding these people out has to become a job for the Police - surely that's why clubs pay so much money for their presence on match days.

Punishing Rangers will not do any good, if anything these idiots will see it as oppression and become more defiant.

The only way is for the proper authorities to take the stand that they want the clubs to make - it seems to me that they want to make the righ oises but leave the really hard work to the people that are not properly qualified to do so.

BC2 - very interesting reply and well put. However, there is a 'F*****n movement' and there are plenty of people who proudly call and refer to themsevles as f***** and as such, it should be considered the same as 'orange' when it comes to the sectarian debate.

Your arguement regarding the IRA is also interesting, but come on, could the vast majority of those singing about the IRA tell you the history of the IRA and the troubles in NI? I doubt it - exactly the same with the majority of Rangers fans who sing about the UVF. The original UVF which most 'loyalist songs' refer to were a decorated regiment in the British Army and in no way were they 'sectarian'. However, the same can't be said about today.

The term HUN is was deemed unacceptable by the Scottish Executive and NDM but yet we still get mainstream journalists etc using this term with impunity. In fact, we even had John Hartson use this term when interviewed on TV - yet none of them have been brought to task over the use of the word.

BTW, Bryce was a fellow timposter who used this forum for ages - was just wondering if BC2 was a reincarnation of Bryce..

Cammy F

BC2 - very interesting reply and well put. However, there is a 'F*****n movement' and there are plenty of people who proudly call and refer to themsevles as f***** and as such, it should be considered the same as 'orange' when it comes to the sectarian debate.

Your arguement regarding the IRA is also interesting, but come on, could the vast majority of those singing about the IRA tell you the history of the IRA and the troubles in NI? I doubt it - exactly the same with the majority of Rangers fans who sing about the UVF. The original UVF which most 'loyalist songs' refer to were a decorated regiment in the British Army and in no way were they 'sectarian'. However, the same can't be said about today.

The term HUN is was deemed unacceptable by the Scottish Executive and NDM but yet we still get mainstream journalists etc using this term with impunity. In fact, we even had John Hartson use this term when interviewed on TV - yet none of them have been brought to task over the use of the word.

BTW, Bryce was a fellow timposter who used this forum for ages - was just wondering if BC2 was a reincarnation of Bryce..

Cammy F

Many prominent ******s were protestant were they out? Describes those who are pro republican/ira types. How it had been twisted by the mhedia to be considered the most offensive sectarian insult is beyond me. :confused:

Many prominent ******s were protestant were they out? Describes those who are pro republican/ira types. How it had been twisted by the mhedia to be considered the most offensive sectarian insult is beyond me. :confused:

Exactly - but there is no denying that some Rangers fans do not know the meaning of the word and that it is today, used as a descrimonary term for 'catholics'.

Cammy F

We'll need to agree to differ about the first point. I am not aware of any such movement. Are you referring to the New York group from a couple of hundred years ago? My Chambers dictionary gives the main definition of f***** as a derogatory term for a catholic. 'Orange' is not defined in these terms, but as I said above, it can be equally sectarian but does depend more on context.

Your point about the IRA is well made and one I have previously argued about with Celtic fans.

I accept that 'hun' is now unacceptable but don't think it started out life this way. Other examples of language evolving would include retarded, spast1c and Pak1 all of which were acceptable 20 or 30 years ago.

Was Bryce Curdy not a linkman on STV about 20 years ago?

Well BC2, some of your fellow fans don't agree with your definition - this badge was taken of a CFC website -

311ob2.jpg

EDIT - also remember hearing your fans singing a version of Roamin' In The Glomin (sp) with the line 'With St Patricks Fen*** band'.....

As far as I am aware, the Fen*** movement is now part of the Ancient Order Of Hiberian will is still alive and kicking in this, and other countries.

But like you say, better to agree to disagree....!

Cammy F

With all the ambiguity about the word, why not choose a more specific one?

We hate Celtic, IRA bastards?

We hate Celtic, unwashed bastards?

We hate Celtic, dirty bastards?

We hate Celtic, whiny bastards?

We hate Celtic, stupid bastards?

Or just:

We hate Celtic, they are bastards?

Not that hard really, and can only be opposed to those who are too stupid to see the big picture.

Guest davierfc

To illustrate my point, we do not, to the best of my knowledge, have a Fenain Order or ****** walks.

well sir how do you explain the james connelly march every year in edinburgh it is a regular haunt for all the celtic fans to come out in full regalia and sing all the rebel songs under the sun, so i'm afraid you are wrong with the above quote.

well sir how do you explain the james connelly march every year in edinburgh it is a regular haunt for all the celtic fans to come out in full regalia and sing all the rebel songs under the sun, so i'm afraid you are wrong with the above quote.

And I remember one year in the mid-80's it was on the same day as a Hibs Rangers game at Easter Road. Never seen so many 'hard men' (well they looked hard growling at folks on Princess Street) hide behind those they hate (British Police Force) when a few thousand Bears decided to gatecrash their 'walk' :uzi: :devil:

Cammy F

With all the ambiguity about the word, why not choose a more specific one?

We hate Celtic, IRA bastards?

We hate Celtic, unwashed bastards?

We hate Celtic, dirty bastards?

We hate Celtic, whiny bastards?

We hate Celtic, stupid bastards?

Or just:

We hate Celtic, they are bastards?

Not that hard really, and can only be opposed to those who are too stupid to see the big picture.

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or tongue in cheek calscot, but either way you make a good point. Why is it worse to hate somebody because of their colour or religion than for the football team they support?