European Super League | All six PL teams withdraw from ESL

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

If these ESL are taken out of the CL, surely we have a better chance?

If these greedy bastards elite clubs were factored out of UEFA's decision making process, maybe there would be more support for Champions League and Europa League qualification being made more of an even playing field.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

If these ESL sides are taken out of the CL, surely we have a better chance?

A better chance of what? Making the second division of elite football? The CL revenue will be nothing like what the ESL will command. I can even see it turning into a franchise system with ManU say, being moved to a super stadium in the desert. It's all tv-driven.

I found the Danish FA's statement about football being about ordinary clubs dreaming of gold funny. It's a nice sentiment, but still funny.

How many Danish sides are going to win the CL? Or even the EL?! 

There is an elite group. The only way to restore parity would be to limit their spending and income, but will anyone do it?

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

A better chance of what? Making the second division of elite football? The CL revenue will be nothing like what the ESL will command. I can even see it turning into a franchise system with ManU say, being moved to a super stadium in the desert. It's all tv-driven.

You mentioned CL qualification. 

If the ESL clubs are removed, surely we have a better chance of qualifying for the CL?

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

None - but that wasn't my question. 

I thought your question was would we have a better chance of making the CL group stages - my answer was quite possibly, yes. But that doesn't make the concept of the ESL right. I think Eufa's idea of a revamped CL is basically worth a try.

18 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I thought your question was would we have a better chance of making the CL group stages - my answer was quite possibly, yes. But that doesn't make the concept of the ESL right. I think Eufa's idea of a revamped CL is basically worth a try.

Yes, I agree, it doesn't make it right. 

The idea of an Americanised league disgusts me. That's what they're aiming for, I think. 

The CL Swiss model will be implemented, but I don't think it solves anything: the game is still dominated by certain clubs. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

Yes, I agree, it doesn't make it right. 

The idea of an Americanised league disgusts me. That's what they're aiming for, I think. 

The CL Swiss model will be implemented, but I don't think it solves anything: the game is still dominated by certain clubs. 

And here's another thought: if a super league team is relegated (assuming they even allow that) where do they play? They will be a pariah. That should make them think.

If we just siphon off these elite clubs, I think what we have left is a much fairer situation, with clubs closer to each other financially.

In that sense, Rangers have a better chance of being involved in the CL regularly -- albeit a diminished CL.