Not to piss on Gribz parade, i'm sure he'll produce his usual pre-match analysis (good reads), but what team and formation does everyone fancy for St Mirren.

4-4-2 for me. 4-5-1 worked well for an away game in Europe but back to Ibrox and an SPL game we should be winning comfortably, no need for two holding midfielders against a team who will sit in and defend.

GK - No reason to drop Alan McGregor, comfortably retaining his No. 1 status atm.

LB - Papac was some fans' motm midweek, second best player on the park for me. Unfortunately no challenge for his place from Smith atm.

CB's - Weir and Cuellar, no justification needed.

RB - Broadfoot was an able deputy midweek. A solid performance. However not a natural RB and did not provide the attacking threat Hutton does, so Hutton for me.

LM - Beasley should be given a chance again I think. Scored midweek despite an indifferent performance. With his pace and a few games under his belt he should have the confidence to beat his man which will prove useful in unlocking a packed defence.

CM - Fergie is performing quite well atm. Motm versus Caley and a decent outing midweek if less spectacular. Needs to dictate paly more in this one and I think St Mirren will allow him to do so.

CM - Thomson will sit deeper and do the dirty work to allow Fergie to get forward and hurt the opposition. Will also provide some creativity and attacking threat of his own that Hemdani will not. The only other option would be Brahim but with him off form Thomson gets the nod.

RM - Novo earned the right to start last week after coming off the bench to great effect against Caley. Unfortunately he had to come off the bench midweek again, but it was whilst he was on we killed the tie off with the goal. I don't beleive Whittaker is match fit and don't see any other competition for the position with McCulloch taking one of the forward roles.

Forward - McCulloch has been one of our best summer signings. His work rate and physical presence will prove a useful foil for his partner and also a decent outlet for the defence and midfield.

Forward - Boyd if he is fit. Exactly the kind of game where he can bag a goal or two and get his season off and running. The Gers biggest goal threat should start every league game.

The above would be my team for this weekend. However with Thomson fit, WS likes his middle 3 and may go with the 4-5-1/4-3-3. I hope not.

I am also unsure as to Boyd's fitness, however with JCD almost certainly out we wont have many other options. Cousin signed today but I don't think he can go straight into the starting line up with only a few potential training sessions with his new team mates.

Edit: Cousin signed as I typed this up.

One thing that we have this season that we didn't last is OPTIONS. With the addition now of Whittacer and Cousins god knows what the team will be?

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

CC

Papac

Whittacer

Thomson

Fergie

McCulloch / Run DMB

Cousins / Boyd

Novo

Cammy F

One thing that we have this season that we didn't last is OPTIONS. With the addition now of Whittacer and Cousins god knows what the team will be?

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

CC

Papac

Whittacer

Thomson

Fergie

McCulloch / Run DMB

Cousins / Boyd

Novo

Cammy F

Yep the options not just in personnel but also formation and tactics are vast, which will be useful throughout a long season for various competitions and styles of football we come up against.

Just been reading on the official site and Cousin is quoted as saying he is not 100%fit so no way I can see him starting.

I also beleive Whittaker is in the same position Cammy which is why I had Novo right, with DMB left pushing big Lee up top.

Yep the options not just in personnel but also formation and tactics are vast, which will be useful throughout a long season for various competitions and styles of football we come up against.

Just been reading on the official site and Cousin is quoted as saying he is not 100%fit so no way I can see him starting.

I also beleive Whittaker is in the same position Cammy which is why I had Novo right, with DMB left pushing big Lee up top.

Yeah, unfamiliar for us having options for almost every position. Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday. With St Midden likely to flood the midfield WS might be tempted to go 4-3-3 so Hendami might come in with Novo and Run DMB out wide supporting McCulloch.

Cammy F

Yeah, unfamiliar for us having options for almost every position. Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday. With St Midden likely to flood the midfield WS might be tempted to go 4-3-3 so Hendami might come in with Novo and Run DMB out wide supporting McCulloch.

Cammy F

Yeh I get the feeling that is the way Walter might go. Just seems a bit defensive to me. However if we are dominating the play it becomes an attacking 4-3-3 rather than a defensive 4-5-1. If we did that though I would look for Thomson to exert his influence on the game more and for the most part leave Hemdani mopping up in front of the defence whilst Thomson shoulders some of the creative and attacking responsibilty with Barry.

I'd be happy with either of those, would like to see Cousin and Whittaker play some part as its a home match.

As people know, I'm like a stuck record, but I think playing Fergie, Hemdani and Thomson is a waste of a midfield position, but WS seems to like it.

As people know, I'm like a stuck record, but I think playing Fergie, Hemdani and Thomson is a waste of a midfield position, but WS seems to like it.

I don't think it would be if Fergie was playing the advanced midfielders position - and he is quoted today saying he is enjoying playing the more advanced role.

I don't think it would be if Fergie was playing the advanced midfielders position - and he is quoted today saying he is enjoying playing the more advanced role.

Even then though Craig, do we need two holding midfielders?

Even then though Craig, do we need two holding midfielders?

Fair point Mike - but away from home I actually don't mind the 4-2-3-1 formation too much as long as the "3" truly support the lone front man !

Not to piss on Gribz parade, i'm sure he'll produce his usual pre-match analysis (good reads), but what team and formation does everyone fancy for St Mirren.

Hoi!!! :devil: Not at all mate.

I agree 4-4-2 all the way for me. Match preview will be up soon but I wont be around to do it for the next 3 weeks.