The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

42 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

No laughing at the back ... 15m for Oli McBurnie seems to be a okay for Rangers ... according to the Daily Mail

IN - Oli McBurnie (24) - Sheffield Utd, Scot, ST, contract 2023 - LINK - TM

If Gerard watched that game last night he would not even offer 15m pennies for him.Sorry it was McTominay that was playing last night but same reaction from me regards fee.

Edited by MacK1950

I wouldn't mind getting McBurnie. 

But not for £15M.

(a) He's not worth anything like that, and (b) where are we getting £15M to spend on a single player?

Oh-- Daily Mail. Never mind. 

13 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

If Gerard watched that game last night he would not even offer 15m pennies for him.Sorry it was McTominay that was playing last night but same reaction from me regards fee.

Actually, I thought McTominay was one of ManU`s better players, and the German commentators were raving about him. Funny how they berated ManU for not doing enough when Villareal were leading and essentially flooding their own half and doing virtually nothing to attack. HEard the same sort of "accusations" when we were up against the trench-diggers in Scotland ... somewhat bizarre. Bizarre that the commentators et al were not having a go at the "defending" team for wrecking a game of football. But there you go. ManU had a few really good opportunities via Cavani too and deserved the win more than the Spaniards. Hardly ever saw a penalty shootout with so many clinical finishes, even from the Villareal goalie. Though de Gea made a total mess of his shot.

As for McBurnie, he might be worth it, as he is a good striker and more importantly Scottish. But the fees in England are absurd, his contrat runs for a coule more years and they paid some 17m for him not that long ago. And we wont invest so much money on a single player, not least when we have Morelos, Roofe, Itten, Sakala and seemingly Defoe too.