The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Assets touted as high value are Tavernier, Barasic, Kent and Morelos. If they had played for other clubs over the last three years, would you urge Rangers to buy any of them for £10M? At various times in their careers I might have but now? I don’t think so. (Unbeaten from now ‘til the end of the year and I’ll be changing my mind again)

Patterson and Hagi are high value but they both have potential rather than experience.

I think you are better investing in potential when I look at the money United will fork out for Ronaldo and I know he's decent player but that money could have been spent on three good lads with potential. 

54 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The £4.5m from the share issue will be used to repay Dave King's £5m + interest loan due for repayment next month.

The £10m figure I used had already factored in the commercial deals. Remember that we made a £16m loss in the 19/20 season.

As I said above, we made a £16m loss in 19/20  season that included qualifying from the group stages of the EL. There were some league games with no crowd but other than any refunded season ticket cash, we would have had most of the cash from them anyway.

It'll certainly be interesting to see where the finance comes from.

From Hong Kong maybe??

36 minutes ago, compo said:

I think you are better investing in potential when I look at the money United will fork out for Ronaldo and I know he's decent player but that money could have been spent on three good lads with potential. 

shirt sales with be worth tens if not 100s of millions on ronaldo. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

GK: McGregor / McLaughlan / McCrorie

LB: Barisic / Bassey

CB 1: Helander / Balogun

CB 2: Goldson / Simpson

RB: Tavernier / Patterson

LCM: Kamara / Bacuna 

DM: Davis / Jack / Kelly(?)

RCM: Aribo / Lundstram / Arfield*

LAM: Sakala / Kent

RAM: Hagi / Wright

ST: Morelos / Roofe / Defoe*

* Should be phased out. 

Injured, a lot

It's not as overstocked as it appears, IMO. We need two for every position, so the only 'extras', I'd say, are Kelly and Arfield. 

It's mainly because a few players can play in a variety of positions: Roofe and Aribo in particular. 

I'm sure I've read that Bacuna was right-footed; if he is left footed then that's good because he can cover for Kamara and then we have balance.

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

shirt sales with be worth tens if not 100s of millions on ronaldo. 

Not so sure about that. The lionshare of shirt sales goes to the manufacturer. 
When Messi went to PSG it was revealed that the club got 15% of sales in their Nike contract.

So if they sold 1miliion shirts at €50 each they’d only get €7.5m.

Not sure what Manchester United’s deal with Adidas is but won’t be too different from PSG’s I wouldn’t think

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Not so sure about that. The lionshare of shirt sales goes to the manufacturer. 
When Messi went to PSG it was revealed that the club got 15% of sales in their Nike contract.

So if they sold 1miliion shirts at €50 each they’d only get €7.5m.

Not sure what Manchester United’s deal with Adidas is but won’t be too different from PSG’s I wouldn’t think

you are right. 

Good article on it here but certainly they will bring in cash. MY brother in law bought 3 yesterday. 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-psg-shirt-sales-transfer-how-much-money-barcelona-explained-1148091