An Achtung, Attention Alert!

6 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Angela Haggerty's Tweet :

"I'm getting really annoyed with folk equating yesterday's anti-immigration protest with Rangers fans' right to public celebration. If the protesters had been drunk, smashed up a few benches, let off fireworks, Police Scotland would have thrown them a party. So there's a big difference".

If dearest Angela cares to look out her Tollcross window, she will see a large biscuit factory, 'McVities'. It's been there for 120 years, it employs 500 fellow East Enders. Current owners, Pladis announced they will close said factory next year with the resultant loss of jobs and standard of lives. I expect Angela to lead the protest against the closure, Palestinian flag in hand? If several hundred can fill the Pollokshields streets for two men in the gig economy exceeding their visas by in excess of a decade, then Tollcross should have several thousand stopping 500 being made redundant?

So far, Angela has Tweeted nothing about McVities, just like her fellow Nationalists, she doesn't do bad news.

Haggerty really takes the biscuit.

3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Angela Haggerty's Tweet :

"I'm getting really annoyed with folk equating yesterday's anti-immigration protest with Rangers fans' right to public celebration. If the protesters had been drunk, smashed up a few benches, let off fireworks, Police Scotland would have thrown them a party. So there's a big difference".

If dearest Angela cares to look out her Tollcross window, she will see a large biscuit factory, 'McVities'. It's been there for 120 years, it employs 500 fellow East Enders. Current owners, Pladis announced they will close said factory next year with the resultant loss of jobs and standard of lives. I expect Angela to lead the protest against the closure, Palestinian flag in hand? If several hundred can fill the Pollokshields streets for two men in the gig economy exceeding their visas by in excess of a decade, then Tollcross should have several thousand stopping 500 being made redundant?

So far, Angela has Tweeted nothing about McVities, just like her fellow Nationalists, she doesn't do bad news.

Well said. My mum made Penguins in Hillington and an uncle worked for UB. I didn't agree with you seeming to trivialise the Palestinian situation but double standards seems to be the stock-in-trade of the SNP.

22 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

They don’t make them now like she did.

Sure don't - they're smaller. Remember when we used to finish school we'd bomb down to the factory, climb over the wall and fill our schoolbags with the rejects till mum told me off, saying they were the floor sweepings!

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Sure don't - they're smaller. Remember when we used to finish school we'd bomb down to the factory, climb over the wall and fill our schoolbags with the rejects till mum told me off, saying they were the floor sweepings!

Much smaller and barely smeared with what’s supposed to be chocolate.

When my big brother was an apprentice he and his mates from the yard had no worries about eating rejects.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

When I was wee a pack of penguins had all different coloured wrappers (these days the whole pack are red - wtf?) and apparently when they were getting doled out, I would only accept a blue one. I clearly had good taste from an early age.

In idle moments, with tea, or coffee, I have often reflected on the biscuit, and on which is the better:

The Caramel Log, or

The Kit Kat Chunky?

Despite assiduous research, I have yet to come to a conclusion. 

Edited by Uilleam