Home Office vs the mob

It'd be handy to know what immigration rules the two men had breached.

I note the comments of the Afghan chap in the article and wonder when the last time someone in India had to flee from British or American bombs?

I think what happened yesterday sets a dangerous precedent.

Edited by Gonzo79

55 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It'd be handy to know what immigration rules the two men had breached.

I note the comments of the Afghan chap in the article and wonder when the last time someone in India had to flee from British or American bombs?

I think what happened yesterday sets a dangerous precedent.

Yes, more information about the two men would have been much more useful than the collection of quotes included.

This brings back memories of those woke passengers on a plane that found out immigration officers were also on the plane deporting someone. They made such a fuss that the individual was taken off the plane, then it turned out he was an illegal immigrant who had instigated sex attacks on women.

Lets hope the woke individuals who make such a fuss are the ones who encounter these individuals on a late night in the city and see how thankful they truly are. 

Edited by ChelseaBoy
spelling

It's hard to find an unemotive report of what happened the other day, but some of the facts are tucked away in this article (Sorry it's the Record):

Glasgow immigration protest detainee tells how he 'lives in fear every single day'

Lakhvir Singh comes across as a decent enough fella, but the facts of the matter are he was here, from India, on a visa which expired in 2016. He wasn't fleeing persecution or a war-torn homeland. His application to renew the visa failed, but he decided to stay anyway, in breach of the law.

Perhaps dawn raids seem a little heavy-handed, but I'm sorry; if I was working on a visa in, say, Australia and it expired I'd have to come home (no matter how many friends I'd made or how much I liked it). India is a democracy. It has a space programme.True enough, right now (though not in 2016 when the visa in question expired) India is having a torrid time with Covid, but it's not hell. It may not be as nice a place to live as the UK, but if that was the main criterion for immigration, 90% of the world's population would be elligible (and many, who live in truly horrible places would have a far better claim than Lakhvir).

As far as I can see, the other man hasn't made his story public. I might be doing him a disservice, but I'm guessing it's because his case is less compelling than Mr Singh's.

Having read those details about Mr Singh I'm even more troubled by the Scottish government. 

Prevention is still possible but I think it is now time to evade them.

The United Kingdom government can stall things but the window of opportunity is closing.

My (soon to be ex) wife overstayed her visa in the mid-noughties (she's South African).  We both knew the deal and would have accepted it if she had been deported (in retrospect, I'm wishing she had ?).

She had mates (Aussies) who had been the subjects of dawn raids and deportations.  Again, they knew the score.

If any Bears get lifted today, tell your mates to lie under the van and you'll be released within a few hours.

I note professional ambulance chaser Aamer Anwar told ITV News that, "Glasgow was built on the backs of refugees" and the Home Office should have taken Eid into consideration before lifting the two men.

Was Glasgow built on the backs of refugees?

The chap above (Thinker's post) clearly isn't a refugee.

I wasn't aware that Sikhs participate in Islamic religious observances.