Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

On 01/09/2021 at 16:11, PoohBear said:

Are you guys defending singing the songs then? Is it acting like an adult to sing the songs?

Who gets to decide what is offensive ? Are you going to hand your free speech to a Nationalist government to decide what you can and cannot say ? Is that not what we accuse China and Russia of doing and claim it's abusing human rights and the freedom of speech ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ieatbats said:

Who gets to decide what is offensive ? Are you going to hand your free speech to a Nationalist government to decide what you can and cannot say ? ...

The government decides and it has already happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

t first emerged in 2008

First public rendition at a trouncing of the spalpeens at cp. One of them went greetin’ to the Irish Ambassador in London and so it all began.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

What you said isn't true though. 4 lads isn't gone whereas the famine song is.

 

Nothing cryptic about the question "Can you remember when?".

 

Happy to help you in any way that I can.

then yes i can. 

 

perhaps i should have added song came back but that wasn't my point. 

 

we manage to sectarian up everything more or less. 

 

 

Edited by the gunslinger
Link to post
Share on other sites

To save me dredging through pages and pages, when we talk about fake videos are we suggesting that the city centre one may have been faked? The only recording of it I was able to see was from an Irish paper and tbh I couldn't make out what was being sung at all - though I could hear "why don't you go home." Was the EK bus one faked?

Like most on here I think there has been an over-reaction; I can't see how anyone in the street could be charged with a hate crime. An disabled acquaintance of mine was told to "get out the way, spastic" in a pub recently - now that is a hate crime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ieatbats said:

Who gets to decide what is offensive ? Are you going to hand your free speech to a Nationalist government to decide what you can and cannot say ? Is that not what we accuse China and Russia of doing and claim it's abusing human rights and the freedom of speech ? 

 

It’s pretty straightforward, don’t sing anything racist or sectarian. There is no more to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

To save me dredging through pages and pages, when we talk about fake videos are we suggesting that the city centre one may have been faked? The only recording of it I was able to see was from an Irish paper and tbh I couldn't make out what was being sung at all - though I could hear "why don't you go home." Was the EK bus one faked?

Like most on here I think there has been an over-reaction; I can't see how anyone in the street could be charged with a hate crime. An disabled acquaintance of mine was told to "get out the way, spastic" in a pub recently - now that is a hate crime.

The EK bus one wasn't a fake. 

 

There's been suggestions that one of the city centre videos was a fake as the sounds and claps don't seem to match what was going on. I've seen another video that sounds like they're singing "the party's over, why don't you go home."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

First public rendition at a trouncing of the spalpeens at cp. One of them went greetin’ to the Irish Ambassador in London and so it all began.

I recall that game and thought that I recall hearing it a few weeks before that, although perhaps not to the same extent. However it's a moot point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I recall hearing it a few weeks before that

Even better. If it had been on the go and nobody’s bothered it shows they only get offended when beaten. Chiselers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.