1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Absolutely shocking! Humza useless & SNP are totally incompetent, I'm certain he didn't wait long to get medical help when he injured himself!!!

This is disgraceful 

• 1 month later...

Bit of a more personal thing here but I went to see my GP about chest pains in April and he did a two minute stethoscope/breathing test and told me I had probably just slept in a bad position.  "Take some painkillers.", was his advice.

The pain is getting worse and I have been largely ignoring it but this week it's sore however I sit or lie and noticeable when I breathe (in), so I phoned the medical centre and they told me they're only doing GP calls now but have none available to book.

I'd feel like a right fud going to the hospital, so what am I supposed to do?

With that history I’d give A&E a try.

GPs are paid massive salaries but they duck out of actually seeing patients and the burden falls on A&E departments but that’s not your fault so go there. Better a dope than dead.

50 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Bit of a more personal thing here but I went to see my GP about chest pains in April and he did a two minute stethoscope/breathing test and told me I had probably just slept in a bad position.  "Take some painkillers.", was his advice.

The pain is getting worse and I have been largely ignoring it but this week it's sore however I sit or lie and noticeable when I breathe (in), so I phoned the medical centre and they told me they're only doing GP calls now but have none available to book.

As a person with a bad heart get yourself to the Accident &Emergency. 

Thanks chaps.

I'm off work on Monday, so will head to A&E then.  Waiting 2-3 weeks for a GP phone consultation seems utterly pointless.  

I don't think I have a heart, so it's probably my lungs.  

24 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Waiting 2-3 weeks for a GP phone consultation seems utterly pointless.  

Any ‘phone consultation is pointless unless the symptoms are so patent a cub scout could diagnose them. What happened to observation of the patient and reaction assessment.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Go to hospital immediately. The obligation is to seek first opinion from your GP, when that's not available you have only one place to go. Or you could call Humza Halfwit, he might have some advice.

GPs are a fucking disgrace. I have routine surveillance by a leading consultant who describes GPs in the most derogatory terms you could imagine, to the extent he gave me his personal phone/email details and asked me to contact him directly in the event a need arises. 

6 hours ago, Bill said:

GPs are a fucking disgrace. I have routine surveillance by a leading consultant who describes GPs in the most derogatory terms you could imagine, to the extent he gave me his personal phone/email details and asked me to contact him directly in the event a need arises. 

They are a fucking disgrace! it was always difficult pre covid to get an appointment, now there is no chance of seeing a GP! I always believed the people become doctors because they want to help people, salary aside. This will have repercussions in time and it will be the fault of GP's.

40 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I always believed the people become doctors because they want to help people, salary aside

Those who want to help seem to gravitate towards hospital work. I don’t doubt very many GPs are the same. I just seem to encounter a lot who’ve lost their professional ethic with too much money available, plenty of time off, study leave to pleasant locations for interesting but for a GP, useless, courses on for example Space Medicine.

I sincerely hope I will be shot down in flames by numerous board members citing completely opposite experiences.