Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

You would hope players like Davis and Jack will make sure the team is up for the next game(s). Dunno what will happen to Defoe, all a big waiting game. Also wonder what might go through the minds of all the international players, jetting off with SG at the helm and now coming back without being able to say good-bye or indeed having a manager. All in all some surreal feel to it.

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I just hope we are prepared for this! It won’t be as bad as 2017 anyway. Rangers fans excited about the post-Caixinha era, meanwhile in the boardroom, “What about Graeme Murty?”. 

Everyone has their preferred choice but I think most of those being touted could secure number 56

The strength of character thing resonates with me.

We know the media landscape in Scotland, it's mostly toxic. I think we need a management team that know the score, know the job and, don't panic at the level of expectation. I contributed earlier in this thread about how I was wrong when Walter was appointed. After the sexiness of the Souness years, it was hard to reconcile with a local born and bred lad. Walter and Archie Knox had plenty of inner toughness or if you prefer, 'strength of character'.

It may not tick every Gersnetter's box but I would go with Kevin Thomson and Neil McCann?

All the talk of Gio is interesting. He would be another risk, but would be exactly the type of name that could come in and be respected by the squad straight away, Barcelona and Dutch international? I think he could be a good choice and would be great to see him back at the club.

Its a shame about the timing, we had just started to find the back of the net, but I wish him well. Hopefully he doesnt raid us in the January window though. He can have Goldson right enough, I think his head is away already.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Its a shame about the timing, we had just started to find the back of the net, but I wish him well. Hopefully he doesnt raid us in the January window though. He can have Goldson right enough, I think his head is away already.

I don't think there's any doubt he'll fancy a few of our players and that's why our statement about his move was so convivial.

Patterson, Kamara and Kent will certainly be on his list.