Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

24 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I expected more, in this age of instant messaging.

Perhaps tonight/tomorrow. We'll see.

Maybe, but think Tav tweeting was correct thing to do as Captain. Was a classy message as you would expect following on from the clubs "thanks". Closed now as far as I am concerned.

8 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Think Borna will be off back to Europe in window.

We should not sell ANY player to Villa unless for silly money.

7 hours ago, ascender said:

The latest accounts show we need to trim our squad a bit and also that selling a player or two can massively transform our annual position, so if he was to offer reasonable money it could be a good move for all concerned.

I found these contrasting posts interesting. I certainly favour the latter. Why would we alienate ourselves from Villa? For me it is not about demanding silly money. It is about achieving fair market price for our player(s). Surely if Gerrard is interested in taking any of our players he knows the market price and Villa will have to stump up. Contrast that to Everton's approach for Pattison? As the post above states, we need to sell soon to help balance the books. It's a no brainer. There seems to be a lot congeniality on both sides with this. The club did not try to block it and I assume the board found the compensation package acceptable? We need to use it to our advantage. Villa must have a huge, expensive 1st team squad. Loan deals or makeweight player exchanges perhaps? Cannot see any benefit of snubbing Villa if they want to do business.

56 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The reasons he no longer wanted to be at Ibrox would be good to know. Purely selfish ambition / financial gain / career development (which I'm OK with) or something more sinister (fall out with Wilson/board, fall out with players, not getting the backing he wanted etc). Guess we'll never know.

I hope it's the former, which I'm also OK with, otherwise he would simply be a quitter and I'd hate to think that was true.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

The reasons he no longer wanted to be at Ibrox would be good to know. Purely selfish ambition / financial gain / career development (which I'm OK with) or something more sinister (fall out with Wilson/board, fall out with players, not getting the backing he wanted etc). Guess we'll never know.

He was fed up of intrusively curious fans.

27 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I found these contrasting posts interesting. I certainly favour the latter. Why would we alienate ourselves from Villa? For me it is not about demanding silly money. It is about achieving fair market price for our player(s). Surely if Gerrard is interested in taking any of our players he knows the market price and Villa will have to stump up. Contrast that to Everton's approach for Pattison? As the post above states, we need to sell soon to help balance the books. It's a no brainer. There seems to be a lot congeniality on both sides with this. The club did not try to block it and I assume the board found the compensation package acceptable? We need to use it to our advantage. Villa must have a huge, expensive 1st team squad. Loan deals or makeweight player exchanges perhaps? Cannot see any benefit of snubbing Villa if they want to do business.

Still think we should have sold Morelos if we had the chance. 

13 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Still think we should have sold Morelos if we had the chance. 

Lille offered us £16.5m and we turned it down. I said on here that day that we better have a plan if we’re turning that down but we didn’t and they walked away and we won’t get anything like that for him now.