Jump to content

 

 

Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Knutsen should definitely be on the list. Wilson has talked about a succession plan and this guy's philosophy is based on a pressing 4-3-3 system. The more I read about him, the more I like.

I agree, but maybe just too soon? 

 

We might like for him to have another step at one of the top Scandinavian sides first?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't see a single thing that Kjetil Knutsen has done to warrant promoting him for the Rangers job. A fairly average management career in another footballing backwater. Do we really need another Ronny Deila?

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't see a single thing that Kjetil Knutsen has done to warrant promoting him for the Rangers job. A fairly average management career in another footballing backwater. Do we really need another Ronny Deila?

That's a rather myopic outlook Bill. Can I ask a question? Would you take Graham Potter as our next manager?

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree, but maybe just too soon? 

 

We might like for him to have another step at one of the top Scandinavian sides first?

Why wait? We need to be ahead of the game here and not wait until he's beyond our reach. He's very progressive from what I've read and he's current. Gio hasn't managed at a good level for over 2 and a half years.

 

Is the Norwegian a risk? Of course he is but so is every managerial appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Why wait? We need to be ahead of the game here and not wait until he's beyond our reach. He's very progressive from what I've read and he's current. Gio hasn't managed at a good level for over 2 and a half years.

 

Is the Norwegian a risk? Of course he is but so is every managerial appointment. 

I agree. I was merely making a suggestion. 

 

You're right, actually, because -- as you asked Bill -- I would have taken Potter from Ostersunds! I recall championing him at one point before we appointed SG. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree. I was merely making a suggestion. 

 

You're right, actually, because -- as you asked Bill -- I would have taken Potter from Ostersunds! I recall championing him at one point before we appointed SG. :D 

Now being mentioned as the next England manager.

 

I think my biggest concern is that guys like Potter and Knutsen seem like longer term project managers. The crazy world we inhabit dictates that we need someone to hit the ground sprinting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Now being mentioned as the next England manager.

 

I think my biggest concern is that guys like Potter and Knutsen seem like longer term project managers. The crazy world we inhabit dictates that we need someone to hit the ground sprinting.

And there is where our current and recent boards let us down big style. This should have been they invested in from 2012 onwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

That's a rather myopic outlook Bill. Can I ask a question? Would you take Graham Potter as our next manager?

Why, do you think there’s some comparison?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I would say Potter's career is comparable with Knutsen. Both have led smaller Scandanavian teams to European football with a clear vision and progressive football. 

I think far too much is read into the fact they both managed in Scandinavia, as if that denominator somehow cements an undefined mysterious commonality. The idea that because Potter has recently been moderately successful at a higher level in England somehow means Knutsen will be too is a bit too facile for me.

Edited by Bill
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Frankie changed the title to Official: Gio set to be confirmed as Rangers manager
  • Frankie changed the title to Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.