Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

4 minutes ago, compo said:

Looks to me like the directors and director of football have all been caught with their drawers down ,they must do better. 

On the contrary, they have kept their drawers up and their mouths shut, leaving the press gang to their uniformed speculation. I suspect we will soon get a pleasant surprise.

9 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Absolutely, but wouldn't we prefer to have our manager move on because he's in demand, that he's been successful, that he deserves to move on to further his career?  You cannot expect SG to turn down a job in a bigger league for 5x the salary, even when that may not be the best timing. Life dictates that you look after no1 - we'd all do the same in our careers, why should it be any different in football.

Good luck to SG and the rest of the coaching staff. We should feel lucky he was with us on our journey back to the top and let's not forget what he did. The crap you read in the media about one trophy in nine is from haters. Simple. 

Gerrard and the team turned us from being a laughing stock, noobs in the Premier League with no direction or character. He transformed the club on and off the pitch, he put us back on the map in Europe, he figured out how to win consistently against Separate FC and won the title by the biggest margin, undefeated and crushed their tainted 10 dream. So we didn't win a cup, but Jesus H, we'd all have taken that. 

I'll only have good memories and I think in time all Gers fans will, but I respect the raw feelings right now. 

Let's hope Gio, or whoever is lucky enough to lead our great club is able to build on what SG and his team have done with the same passion, drive and success. 

On to 56!!!

giphy.gif

Agreed, I've asked a few of my mates who slate his quick exit - What exactly is a good way for a manager to leave? Save walking away after a treble and giving a full preseason to get someone in place, there's no right answer.

And I recall GVB having the longest groin strain in history before disappearing to Arsenal, unless I was very drunk.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Looks to me like the directors and director of football have all been caught with their drawers down ,they must do better. 

I don’t think so compo. I think they were unhappy with the way we surrendered our chance to get £30m+ in UCL money in a pathetic fashion, to a smaller team with a smaller budget and then failed to get going even 3 months into the season, and chose not to put up any fight at all when AV came calling and SG wanted to speak to them. 

Receiving £4.5m+ and getting the chance to start a new era with, hopefully, an exciting new manager was likely a very attractive prospect for the board because we have been the second best team in this league (and second best Scottish team in Europe) since our old firm win in August, a win which only served to pull the wool over the eyes of a surprising number of fans in the months since. There is no chance Ross Wilson wasn’t actively preparing for this because it wasn’t hard to see coming. 

Edited by DMAA