Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm disappointed in the backroom staff - I would have wanted a more tactical influence. Both of them seem like assistants, rather than coaches. 

Roy Makaay was a excellent striker in his day, though. 

I am intrigued to see what GvB has learned from his time with Pep. 

Whilst having tactical influence and / or a Scottish presence would have been nice, we have Gio, Jean-paul Van Gastal and Roy McKaay (finally!). 

I'm excited by these appointments.and impressed by Ross Wilson's interview and diligence regarding the process of replacing SG. 

I have faith in Gio and his team and positive all of the Rangers family will get behind them. 

I had hoped for an "upgrade" and whilst there is risk surrounding any appointment, this his the makings of an upgrade. 

To coin a phrase  - Let's Go.

Whatever the circumstances of Gerrard's leaving, I believe we should take enormous encouragement from the way the club has responded, both in terms of the outcome and the professionalism with which the process was conducted. Rangers has come a long way under this board and I feel we're stronger for the events of the last fortnight.

Potentially more appointments to the backroom staff (from 4th Official) Twitter;

Performance analyst Yori Bosschaart is also joining the team along with physiotherapist Arno Philips. Philips is currently the physio for the Dutch national team. This particular information is collaborated by Chris Jack's Herald column. This is looking like a really strong backroom team and if you are a Rangers supporter, how can you not be excited?

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Potentially more appointments to the backroom staff (from 4th Official) Twitter;

Performance analyst Yori Bosschaart is also joining the team along with physiotherapist Arno Philips. Philips is currently the physio for the Dutch national team. This particular information is collaborated by Chris Jack's Herald column. This is looking like a really strong backroom team and if you are a Rangers supporter, how can you not be excited?

This is excellent news. The influx of fresh faces should stimulate what has been a flat first team squad and hopefully get them on their toes again.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What are the chances of GVB being in the dugout on Sunday?

None according to Ross Wilson's interview! Says Gio will be at the game but in stands rather than dug-out. 

Gio must have some amount of MyGers points to get a ticket at this late stage.