Jump to content

 

 

Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Interesting Twitter response from Michael Beale?? 

IMG-20211217-WA0005.jpg

I'd have preferred Beale to have said nothing. If there was something that caused him/them to leave then either come out and tell us or shut TF up.

 

As for trying to use their (great) record the previous season to excuse virtually the whole coaching staff leaving just before an important cup semi, it just doesn't stand up. He should be acknowledging that they did a pretty crappy thing, rather than trying to excuse it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'd have preferred Beale to have said nothing. If there was something that caused him/them to leave then either come out and tell us or shut TF up.

 

As for trying to use their (great) record the previous season to excuse virtually the whole coaching staff leaving just before an important cup semi, it just doesn't stand up. He should be acknowledging that they did a pretty crappy thing, rather than trying to excuse it.

Surely you can only make that sort of statement if you DID know what went on. 
 

It was clear to anyone with eyes to see that there was conflict in the camp long before Gerrard and his staff left us. The fact that the team responded so positively to their departure confirms to me that any issue was mainly confined to the dressing room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'd have preferred Beale to have said nothing. If there was something that caused him/them to leave then either come out and tell us or shut TF up.

 

As for trying to use their (great) record the previous season to excuse virtually the whole coaching staff leaving just before an important cup semi, it just doesn't stand up. He should be acknowledging that they did a pretty crappy thing, rather than trying to excuse it.

Normally I'd agree but with King looking to get back on the board and refusing to back Park Jnr, and 'confirmation' from Beale that something wasn't quite right behind the scenes, think we are entitled to ask questions. 

 

FWIW I thought and still think Beale is one of life's good guys and certainly would welcome him back at Ibrox in the future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the relationship between King and Gerrard is worth consideration. Were certain things promised to the new manager by the then chairman that were unwise or at least inappropriate given COVID, etc? Is this at the root of King’s current manoeuvrings? Has King’s pride been hurt by what he considers to be broken promises? I think you have to see King’s latest moves in terms of Gerrard’s departure. I’m obviously speculating but it looks like they are closely linked. 

Edited by Bill
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CammyF said:

Normally I'd agree but with King looking to get back on the board and refusing to back Park Jnr, and 'confirmation' from Beale that something wasn't quite right behind the scenes, think we are entitled to ask questions. 

I don't think King is that relevant. He just wants to sell his shares. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are reading too much into this. Gerrard was always leaving sooner than later. He hasn't been with his young family for over 3 years so he was always going to jump ship at the first and best option. Newcastle would have been pointless for him in terms of geography but Villa is manageable. I presume SG lives in the Chester area? If so, this is approximately 70/80 mile journey to work. Easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think we are reading too much into this. Gerrard was always leaving sooner than later. He hasn't been with his young family for over 3 years so he was always going to jump ship at the first and best option. Newcastle would have been pointless for him in terms of geography but Villa is manageable. I presume SG lives in the Chester area? If so, this is approximately 70/80 mile journey to work. Easy.

Agreed, FWIW I'm sure Beale was the only member of staff who moved his family up to Scotland and seemed to fully embrace Rangers / Scotland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.