Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

I see that old rascal Warnock has put the cat among the pigeon's by declaring that Wenger was the best premier manager since the league's formation what order would you put them in ,mine is

Fergie 

Pep

Wenger

Jose

Klopp 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks right except drop Mourinho back to fifth place because of his destructive tendency. Guardiola could overtake Ferguson and Tuchel’s coming up fast on the rails but he may not be a stayer. The new runner from Villa Park has a lot of hard furlongs before Rodgers is even in sight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, compo said:

I see that old rascal Warnock has put the cat among the pigeon's by declaring that Wenger was the best premier manager since the league's formation what order would you put them in ,mine is

Fergie 

Pep

Wenger

Jose

Klopp 

Ferguson 

Wenger

Guardiola

Mourinho

Klopp 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferguson 

Wenger

Guardiola

Klopp 

Mourinho

 

I would put Klopp above Mourinho just because of his balancing the PL with success in Europe, which may ultimately be Peps undoing if he dosn't win this year or next - if he stays.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know its not premier league but i remember a Manchester City player saying Joe Mercer was the only person who could drop a player with a smile on his face and still make you feel good . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Ferguson 

Wenger

Guardiola

Klopp 

Mourinho

 

I would put Klopp above Mourinho just because of his balancing the PL with success in Europe, which may ultimately be Peps undoing if he dosn't win this year or next - if he stays.

I’ll put Klopp above Mourinho when he wins as much in as many settings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least to start with Fergie could build and manage teams with little expenditure. Maybe Wenger also to some extent. But the others on the list are all cheque book managers. I have no doubt that Mourinho et al could turn Doncaster Rovers into world beaters but only if they were allowed their usual budget.

Edited by Biblio
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sean Dyche.

Claudio Ranieri.

Roberto Mancini.

 

 

 

I see what you’re getting at. Mancini opened the door for Guardiola to slip through.

 

How would the magic circle of managerial wizards get on at keeping Burnley in the top division for years? Not so well, I fancy.

 

How would Dyche get on at City or Chelsea? We’ll never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I see what you’re getting at. Mancini opened the door for Guardiola to slip through.

 

How would the magic circle of managerial wizards get on at keeping Burnley in the top division for years? Not so well, I fancy.

 

How would Dyche get on at City or Chelsea? We’ll never know.

Not so well, I fancy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.