Aston Villa Interested In Glen Kamara

30 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I went to Villa v Newcastle a few weeks ago and apart from McGinn I wouldn’t have paid for any of their players, they are a very average bunch. Newcastle were  worse right enough!

From what I've seen of Villa on TV they're rank average and, looking beyond the predictable 'sleeping giant' myth-making, I think Gerrard's move has at least as much to do with wanting to leave Rangers as it has with the unfathomable appeal of Aston Villa.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

From what I've seen of Villa on TV they're rank average and, looking beyond the predictable 'sleeping giant' myth-making, I think Gerrard's move has at least as much to do with wanting to leave Rangers as it has with the unfathomable appeal of Aston Villa.

It was more likely a great chance to get nearer his wife and children plus a well paid job into the bargain he is on a winner whatever happens and as an added bonus away from all this religious nonsense that seems to be part and parcel of the old firm now .

1 minute ago, compo said:

It was more likely a great chance to get nearer his wife and children plus a well paid job into the bargain he is on a winner whatever happens and as an added bonus away from all this religious nonsense that seems to be part and parcel of the old firm now .

I'm prepared to believe Gerrard's family situation was a major factor in him wanting to leave.

The others? I guess they go where their meal ticket goes.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm prepared to believe Gerrard's family situation was a major factor in him wanting to leave.

The others? I guess they go where their meal ticket goes.

You know as well as I the backroom staff never get the blame once the managers lose the script they are all out until some other mug thinks they are the dream team for their club, 

As for Kamara and the rest they will all have their price and some will probably need to be punted to try and balance the books ,which makes it imperative we win this years league to gain that champions league spot and enter the cash tournament. 

I love Ryan Kent and on his game he is really special and a match winner and there is a but.   He lacks consistency, can fall out of games and for all his possession the end product can be poor.  I am not sure he would be a success in the PL.

Having said all of that I don't want to lose him.

Edited by Blue Moon

Regards the move if it was for family reasons,fair enough,as missing your off-spring growing up is not something you would wish.

Therefore if Gerard makes a mess of things at Villa, which would hinder a higher move in the future,it might be the case he will just have to walk away from the game and being a wealthy man there would be no financial worries to stop him.