Jump to content

 

 

[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian


Recommended Posts

I actually think our defence and team would suit a sweeper 'keeper more than McGregor.

 

We see a lot of long balls over the top that would pose little danger if our 'keeper burst off his line to sweep up, like Alisson. McGregor barely comes out for a headed back-pass from the 18-yard line!

 

But, McGregor is McGregor; you're not dropping McGregor at his best.

 

Time takes it toll, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i think we have had 6 short on target in the last 3 games and lost 6 goals. 

Against? Jeez. 

 

Either we're conceding very big chances, letting in soft chances that should never go in or we're extremely unlucky. Mix of all, probably. 

 

Either way, it's not good. 

 

To only allow 6 shots on target in three games is actually good going, though - If I'm understanding you correctly. We just need to cut out the p*sh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Against? Jeez. 

 

Either we're conceding very big chances, letting in soft chances that should never go in or we're extremely unlucky. Mix of all, probably. 

 

Either way, it's not good. 

 

To only allow 6 shots on target in three games is actually good going, though - If I'm understanding you correctly. We just need to cut out the p*sh. 

yeah against. 

 

may not be quite right but recently we had lost 3 goals to 3 shots on target over 2 games and sunday was 3 on 3 goals. 

 

we are either very unlucky or there is a serious issue to address and it may be in goal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

But, McGregor is McGregor; you're not dropping McGregor at his best.

 

Time takes it toll, though. 

I’ve actually wanted McLaughlin to be our number 1 since last season. Last season he was only exposed in Europe but this season I don’t understand why McLaughlin hasn’t been given a proper chance to become our number 1. 
 

McLaughlin has conceded 5 in 8 domestic games. McGregor has conceded 11 in 8 domestic games, several of which he was at least partly culpable for. That is a very quick and dirty comparison of course, but the goalkeeping stats you sometimes see on Twitter haven’t been kind to McGregor for a while. I did a quick check on their goals conceded rate for last season and there is a significant disparity too. 

Edited by DMAA
Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’ve actually wanted McLaughlin to be our number 1 since last season. Last season he was only exposed in Europe but this season I don’t understand why McLaughlin hasn’t been given a proper chance to become our number 1. 
 

McLaughlin has conceded 5 in 8 domestic games. McGregor has conceded 11 in 8 domestic games, several of which he was at least partly culpable for. That is a very quick and dirty comparison of course, but the goalkeeping stats you sometimes see on Twitter haven’t been kind to McGregor for a while. I did a quick check on their goals conceded rate for last season and there is a significant disparity too. 

I don't rate McLaughlin. I see him as a poor man's McGregor; a copy, without the ability to pull off the impossible saves that McGregor can. 

 

However, I certainly can't argue with those stats, or McGregor's form; it's not been good. 

 

I'd rather see McCrorie get a starting slot, or perhaps it's time to sign a different style of 'keeper, more suited to our approach.

 

I wonder what GvB prefers?

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't rate McLaughlin. I see him as a poor man's McGregor; a copy, without the ability to pull off the impossible saves that McGregor can. 

 

However, I certainly can't argue with those stats, or McGregor's form; it's not been good. 

 

I'd rather see McCrorie get a starting slot, or perhaps it's time to sign a different style of 'keeper, more suited to our approach.

 

I wonder what GvB prefers?

McCrorie is not the answer anyway. His stats are terrible and his performances at Livi were a massive disappointment. 
 

I think McLaughlin is a safe pair of hands and his record is good. McGregor has been playing this season based on reputation alone. The position needs investment and maybe we can improve on McLaughlin. I don’t find it an easy position to assess tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.