3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I saw Chapman in the summer of '75, he was heading his new band, the Streetwalkers. The gig was an all day(12 hours) at Sellik Park. You saw 6 bands for a fiver, the bill was Widowmaker(Steve Ellis), The Outlaws, The Streetwalkers, Little Feat(Lowell George), the Sensational Alex Harvey Band and, the Who headlined. Myself and three Uni' mates attended, sat and stood on the pitch.

I was there to see Little Feat, loved the band, still do. Steve Ellis and Alex Harvey were a bonus. My mates loved the Who. It was a lovely sunny day and one lad's mother worked in Lanarkshire School Dinners. He brought a catering size tin of tangerines which we buried a couple of feet under the pitch. I would love to think it is still in place?

The NME used to refer to Chapman as, 'the Electric Goat'.

Saw Little Feat headline Summer Nights in the Country at Hopetoun House a few years back, alas had to leave not long after they started their set.

Edited by forlanssister

Born 1950 went Secondary school attended by Danny McGrain/Andy Gray//Alex Millar and other well known footballers.

Bought my first record player(looked like a vanity case) and first single--Love Affair  Everlasting Love.

Although not a prefect shared records in the Prefect's room with some others.

In 1967 went to my first ever concert with a cast of Jimi Hendrix,The Move,Amen corner,pink Floyd,The Nice and others at Greens Playhouse,having pawned my first camera to pay for the ticket.

In the follow on years went to see The Rolling Stones,The Who,Deep Purple,The Beach Boys and many more and to this day still live in these wonderful years where music is concerned.

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Born 1950 went Secondary school attended by Danny McGrain/Andy Gray//Alex Millar and other well known footballers.

Bought my first record player(looked like a vanity case) and first single--Love Affair  Everlasting Love.

Although not a prefect shared records in the Prefect's room with some others.

In 1967 went to my first ever concert with a cast of Jimi Hendrix,The Move,Amen corner,pink Floyd,The Nice and others at Greens Playhouse,having pawned my first camera to pay for the ticket.

In the follow on years went to see The Rolling Stones,The Who,Deep Purple,The Beach Boys and many more and to this day still live in these wonderful years where music is concerned.

Year after I first saw them live, I took my 12 year old son to see Deep Purple. We were about 50 yards from the stage and he asked me if I was sure we would be able to hear them from this far back. When they started playing the shockwave of sound practically lifted him off his feet. He heard everything!

I sent my dad the list from the first post in this thread and he seemed quite annoyed I hadn't included Machine Head.  I never really got Blackmore/Deep Purple.  Their best album was with Bolin and Coverdale, in my opinion.  But I love blues and Blackmore doesn't.  

I thought of a song from 1972 I absolutely love (below).  The album (Carney) wasn't up with his best but had some very high points...

The down side of 72 we took mother and father to see her favourites the Alexander brothers the big one who I always thought was Billy McNeill doing karaoke and the wee one Steve Chalmers with a squeeze box lifting his leg and saying HEOUCH .

I still get the shivers when I hear nobody's child 🤨😉😂

6 hours ago, compo said:

The down side of 72 we took mother and father to see her favourites the Alexander brothers the big one who I always thought was Billy McNeill doing karaoke and the wee one Steve Chalmers with a squeeze box lifting his leg and saying HEOUCH .

I still get the shivers when I hear nobody's child 🤨😉😂

Careful what you say in public .... they're big favourites of the First Minister. 

But that won't surprise anyone.