Reports on Clyde stating that Rangers fans getting pelted with missiles in nthe stadium and the bus taking the Scottish journalists to the ground attacked with bottles (sounf familiar?) - reports stating that Red Star fans to blame.

Lets hope for a safe return for all our fans, players and staff. Not point asking for Uefa to take action, as long as the Red Star fans don't sing any 'nasty songs'....

Cammy F

Reports on Clyde stating that Rangers fans getting pelted with missiles in nthe stadium and the bus taking the Scottish journalists to the ground attacked with bottles (sounf familiar?) - reports stating that Red Star fans to blame.

Lets hope for a safe return for all our fans, players and staff. Not point asking for Uefa to take action, as long as the Red Star fans don't sing any 'nasty songs'....

Cammy F

According to Clyde there are a huge number of Red Star fans not wanting to leave the park. The Rangers fans are surrounded by riot police. I hope this ends up peacefully.

Guest SerbianLoyal

I've been to the game in the section next to the away section. The police and security didn't allow us to enter the section with the Gers fans so went go on the South stand. During the entire game stupid home fans provoked our fans. They were throwing rocks and other stuff in the away section (the Gers never returned), threating verbal with slaughter and waving several celtic kits... Pathetic... They were also cheering "celtic, celtic" and the Rangers fans responded with "Partizan, Partizan" and cursing...

During the day there was friendly atmosphere in the city centre where the most of the Rangers fans were located... They even drunk together with the "hosts" in several occasions...

After the end of the game the police empted the stands close to the away section. The only remaining were red star ultras whose stand is pretty much away from the place where the Gers fans were located...

Guest carter001

I was at the game. Hostile but fantastic atmosphere, what a buzz!. I was in a different section from most of the gers fans, as I travelled with the official party. The only trouble outwith the ground was 2 rangers fans having a shoving match in a street cafe. The police watched closely as their friends pulled them apart but, did not get involved. On the day of the game I had a drink with some of their fans. Nice as nice could be.

Once we arrived at the ground there was a bit of abuse but mostly 'celtic,celtic'. Nothing thrown though (although we had 2 riot cops to every person on the bus! Amazing how that helps.)

Their fans had a couple of fights before the game, maybe 40-50 of them involved but, the police didn't go near. just left them to it. They sang the whole game, orchestrated by a guy and a megaphone.

After the game it took 1 hr 20mins to get them all out. We had to wait a further 20 mins.

All in all a fantastic trip and the atmosphere (and result, obviously) made it better.

I was at the game. Hostile but fantastic atmosphere, what a buzz!. I was in a different section from most of the gers fans, as I travelled with the official party. The only trouble outwith the ground was 2 rangers fans having a shoving match in a street cafe. The police watched closely as their friends pulled them apart but, did not get involved. On the day of the game I had a drink with some of their fans. Nice as nice could be.

Once we arrived at the ground there was a bit of abuse but mostly 'celtic,celtic'. Nothing thrown though (although we had 2 riot cops to every person on the bus! Amazing how that helps.)

Their fans had a couple of fights before the game, maybe 40-50 of them involved but, the police didn't go near. just left them to it. They sang the whole game, orchestrated by a guy and a megaphone.

After the game it took 1 hr 20mins to get them all out. We had to wait a further 20 mins.

All in all a fantastic trip and the atmosphere (and result, obviously) made it better.

Sometimes the police act too quick and too heavy handed as in Barcelona when Rangers won the cup winners cup.

From your report it would seem the serbian Police got it right. And a mostly friendly people helps as well of course.