Allen ends brief Leicester reign

Leicester City boss Martin Allen has left the club by mutual consent after just three months at the helm.

The former Brentford and MK Dons manager signed a three-year deal in May, but his relationship with chairman Milan Mandaric quickly deteriorated.

"Given our respective visions for the club, it was decided that it would be in everybody's best interests if we parted company," said Mandaric.

Last week, Allen insisted speculation about his future was "rubbish".

But a statement on the club website openly admitted that "differences between both parties regarding the direction of the club have led to a breakdown in the relationship".

The Foxes have appointed academy manager Jon Rudkin, coach Steve Beaglehole and goalkeeping coach Mike Stowell to take charge of the first team on a caretaker basis.

But Leicester said they do not have an immediate replacement lined up, contrary to speculation linking them with former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock.

Allen was in charge for three Championship matches - winning one - and Tuesday's abandoned Carling Cup tie against Nottingham Forest.

The 42-year-old was given substantial funds to spend over the summer, including �£2.1m on striker DJ Campbell, while Stephen Clemence, Bruno N'Gotty and Shaun Newton also moved to the Walkers Stadium.

Mandaric took full control of Leicester in March, and immediately announced plans to return the club to the Premiership within three years.

Looks like Mandaric and Allen fell out over Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Mandaric had negotiated with him to sign permanently, whereas Allen wanted him on trial. I have a certain amount of sympathy for Allen, surely medelling chairmen like Mandaric (and Romanov etc) must drive managers nuts!

He made his business and wealth in the Western Europe and usa...

That is my point! He should stick to the business aspects of football rather than attempt to sign players the manager (who he hired) doesn't want. Now perhaps Mandaric has an ace up his sleeve that will see Leicester making a swift return to the Premier League, and if they do I'll hold my hands up and say he was right to get rid of Allen.

I wasn't just picking on Mandaric, the same goes for all chairmen who interfere in team affairs.