An absolute colossus?

After a great result you are guaranteed to have to read, or listen to, some exaggerated rubbish.

This tweet caught my eye because of the language used. Football fans appear to picked words at random and I assume that this is how 'colossus' was selected. Surely the author is not alluding to the comparitively short time that the colossus of Rhodes stood for.

It also reminded me of something stupid that I heard earlier in the season. During a match I heard someone explaining that he would be happy enough if Goldson left for free in the summer. Apparently he had given us value for money and there could be no complaints.

I recognised the sentiment. I had heard it on the Heart and Hand podcast before hearing it in person. I had even repeated it myself before realising how wrong it was.

Goldson will leave with best wishes if we win the league this year. If we don't win it then I expect his last season will be a source of irritation for many. Similarly I'm not sure how many will queue up to listen to him talk about this win if we don't finish the job in the home leg.